I'm wanting SUPER BLACK HAIR...suggestions?

I'm wanting to get a black rinse along with a touchup soon and I need some suggestions on non-damaging black rinses. I want my hair to be the darkest black known to man :lol: . I would really like it to be permanent. Also, I'm not very keen on how to keep my color looking shiny and great so any suggestions on special shampoos and something to shield my hair from the bleaching effects of the sun would be appreciated. On and if anyone has a fotki pic of how black color turns out that would help as well. Thanks in advance.

Bigen oriental Black is mine, but I am not sure how to do it on relaxer day.

Beautiful Collection is a non-perm that you can do on relaxer day. I used to use that one, but I got tired of it fading since I shampoo 2 times a weeks.

My aunt used Midnight Blue on her hair. You can't tell it 's not black. She used it to cover gray. It was super dark and pretty.

I would stay far away from permanent color (NO Feria!) if you are relaxed. A semi-permanent will do just as well, especially if you are dying it a jet black.

I would also take into consideration your complexion: jet black hair can really wash you out or make you look alot older than you actually are. (I speak from experience on this one!) It also can look very unnatural, believe it or not. Maybe a deep, deep brown? Are you attempting to cover grays with this?

The henna sounds like a nice natural way to do it, but be sure to look into how the metallics will react with your relaxer.

Good luck!

Q

Like that?
gwyndjvhair1s.jpg

Try natural bodyart quality indigo from hennaforhair.com.

http://www.hennaforhair.com/mixes/gwyn.html

If you want something that's a little longer lasting than a semi permanent color but not as damaging as a permanent color, I would suggest going for a DEMI permanent color. Loreal sells them, they are called GEM demi permanent color. It's not as damaging as a permanent color and lasts for 18-24 shampoos rather than 6 shampoos like a semi permanent. You can get them at Sallys and from what I recalled they had like 20 shades and I did see a mid-night black shade.

Blue Black. (I think the company that makes it is Jazzing) Looks so good on many. But it is true you have to see how it looks with your complexion.

My cousin wears it and she looks great.:grin:
I tried it and make me look washed out.:ohwell:

Ohhh, try to avoid the permanent color if you can resist.:eek:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm definitely taking into consideration my complexion. I'm wanting super black hair just as a preference, not necessarily to cover anything, so when I go to the BSS I'll look for the sample swatches and try them out on my skin to see how it'll look. I was thinking blue-black would look nice. I've always had a habit of going lighter, and right now I am reddish, so darker seems like it'll fit me nice. I'm also going to look into the semi-permanent instead of permanent. Thanks again everyone!

Caramela said:
Whatever the maker, I'd say do a "blue-black" for the shiniest black.

Ditto!

That is the darkest color in hair color. Some companies may give it a cute name, but look on the box (may be w/in the description) for the words "blue black."

Mestiza said:
Ditto!

That is the darkest color in hair color. Some companies may give it a cute name, but look on the box (may be w/in the description) for the words "blue black."

Bigen just got a new one called Blue-Black. But the Oriental Black gets my hair do black I can't see how it can get any blacker!

HoneyDew said:
Bigen just got a new one called Blue-Black. But the Oriental Black gets my hair do black I can't see how it can get any blacker!
Mestiza said:
Ditto!

I haven't used that on my hair, but in hair color, blue black is the darkest color!

My hair is "Oriental Blue black" (my own name on it) and it has great shine and looks healthy like the girls on the box, lol. I use Texture and Tones "silken Black" once every 4-5 months but upkeep it with Sebastian Colourshine in "Orchid" or Jazzing "Bluest Black" (but prefer Sebastians). Best combo ever for me. I can't see my hair going any deeper or bluer than this. Jet black hair looks so healthy and sexy. I'm "dark skinned" so it brightens my complexion. I'm not sure about Sebastians but Jazzings have protein in it and can leave your hair a little brittle afterwards so be careful (moisturize). I don't have this issue after using Sebastians.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

I need to know a good semi perm company that really stays in your hair and gets it black or of any tips to make the color take more. I put a permanent color in my hair almost two years ago and I have grown it and cut it mostly out except for about 5 inches on my ends. I haven't minded b4 but I sometimes want to wear my clip in extensions and although it looks like i have brown highlights im sick of the color. I want my hair to be black and I have tried so many semi-perm colors but the brown part would always turn dark brown instead of black. I want my hair to be all black, what brand of rinse should I use? I need something that will really turn my brown parts black and not dark brown.

DulceKisses said:
My hair is "Oriental Blue black" (my own name on it) and it has great shine and looks healthy like the girls on the box, lol. I use Texture and Tones "silken Black" once every 4-5 months but upkeep it with Sebastian Colourshine in "Orchid" or Jazzing "Bluest Black" (but prefer Sebastians). Best combo ever for me. I can't see my hair going any deeper or bluer than this. Jet black hair looks so healthy and sexy. I'm "dark skinned" so it brightens my complexion. I'm not sure about Sebastians but Jazzings have protein in it and can leave your hair a little brittle afterwards so be careful (moisturize). I don't have this issue after using Sebastians.

I do this same comb. Texture and Tone Silken Black every six months and upkeep with Orchid every 3 months.

Colaura by Design Essentials have a black called Secret. It is a demi perm with conditioners and very long lasting. You do not need heat after a relaxer. It is very intense with shine.

I luvles super black hair, not just black but BLACK! I haven't tried too many but my favorite is Adore's Velvet Black, gives me beautiful, glossy, jet black hair.

Bigen in Oriental black. It makes my hair look very healthy. I have to use two boxes to get full coverage. It's quite striking when you don't have the right complexion, so be careful. Good luck! let us know what you're going to use.

well if its a RINSE u want then i say go for adore in darkest black..something like that. i have a bottle, just not usin it till i reach midback

DulceKisses said:

I also love the Sebastians Colourshine in Orchid(the shine is ridiculous!) though my only gripe about it is that it bleeds for weeks after! Have you experienced that at all?

Candy_C said:
well if its a RINSE u want then i say go for adore in darkest black..something like that. i have a bottle, just not usin it till i reach midback

I think we're talking about the same one???

Back