Im TRYING very hard to care about my hair.

AFashionSlave

Does anyone else go through this?

I would like waist length hair, but once I get to bra-strap length I stop caring. Once I stop caring, my length stays the same. I do just enough to keep my hair looking good, but that's it. I dunno, subconsciously I guess I'm just satisfied.

If you have gone through this, how did you get over the hump of not really givin a S***?

@AFashionSlave, I think you're satisfied. I never thought I'd have hair beyond SL and now that I've reached beyond SL, it's not that I don't want it longer, I am just so happy to be where I am that I am not pressed to rush to the next length. So it's not that I don't care; I just can't be bothered to jump hoops. I am happy I have a regimen that means that hair is the last thing I'm thinking about or spending time on. Doesn't mean I don't give a sh** coz if I didn't, I'd let it tangle and just do its own thing. I just am not WORKING HARD to grow long hair.

So yeah, I think you're satisfied. If you truly didn't care, you wouldn't even notice you were not doing as much as you used to do. And TBH, sometimes less is more. You might be doing your hair more good than harm doing nothing.

ETA: The only other thing that came to mind is if your regimen used to be time consuming, there comes a time when you're tired of it and so learn to be content with what you have. That could be it too. I personally have never had a time-consuming regimen so one would think I just don't care coz I do the minimal. Poo, condition, ACV rinse, baggy. That's it.

Last edited:
This has happened to me a few times. :yep:

Honestly, I just wake up and randomly stop not giving a damn, then get back to treating my hair right. :lol:

I am there at this moment. I am a little past waist, but would like to see my hair at full hip/tail bone. So, I have decided to PS - I am afraid that if I don't I will cut my hair off out of sheer boredom. I would like to just let my hair be, but I am my own worst enemy. I don't feel like de-tangling, conditioning, being "creative", ect.
I have a simple reggie, but even that is irritating. So, as to not totally let my hair go down the "drain", I started an album of PS-ing for the next 12. months...so that I stick to it.

OK, well at least im not the only one going through this. I guess I'll just try a little harder or wear a few more protective styles.

I think most of us go through it at some point. But I know i'm not satisfied. I'm just plain ole lazy.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

Back