I'm thinking of cutting my hair

Armyqt

I'm thinking of changing my whole look. I'm thinking a big chop. But I just got a relaxer about 3 weeks ago, so not much new growth. The bottom line is, I don't know how to style my hair. I might as well go natural and rock a short style with a little texturizer. What do you guys think?

you have the facial structure and head shape to hold a short style. I think i would look fabulous on you.

Pro = getting rid of dead ends and you could rock a cute/fun style for the summer. And if you decided to grow it back, you're starting over with healthy hair

Con= growing it out.

whatever you decide, please post pics :)

I just saw your '06 pics. Your hair looks so lovely. Are you bored with long hair? I can think of so many ways you cold wear it. But I have heard from other women with long hair who get bored also. I just couldn't cut it myself, but if you do, i know you will look great!

I think your hair looks great long. I also think it would look great short. You have a face that can rock a long or short do. Now tell me hun, what's bringing on this change? You know you can pm me if you wanna. :)

Allandra said:
I think your hair looks great long. I also think it would look great short. You have a face that can rock a long or short do. Now tell me hun, what's bringing on this change? You know you can pm me if you wanna. :)

SO insightful! :D

I'd like this look:

dieanotherdayhalleberry02l.jpg

dieanotherdayhalleberry05.jpg

You look great with long hair and you would still look great with short hair, but because it takes a while to grow to the length you have and short hair gets boring very quickly once you have it, I vote don't cut it.

It would look good on ya, but why not try a weave cap first in that particular style to be sure you really want to go that short, then make the decision from there. Whatever you do post pics please :) .

If you really want to...I say go for it! I went through the same phase years ago, went ahead and cut it real short. It was fun! I grew it out when I was tired of it, and got to try out other styles/shapes along the way.

That Halle cut would be absolutely stunning on you, you've got a beautiful facial structure. But then again, you look beautiful with longer hair as well. :)

If you're really ready for a change, I say do it. Just make sure and explore the reason why you are itching for such a drastic change...:look:

I think you would look great with with a short 'do, but I wouldn't take the decision lightly. You may miss your long hair later if you haven't given this a lot of thought.

I think it would look good. Either way you have our support. " Just keep it healthy." :) is my motto. Long or short.

Armyqt said:
I'm thinking of changing my whole look. I'm thinking a big chop.

Whoasa...:) I'm right there witcha... I want a major do over, something easy, fun and funky... I'm still on the fence with styles and such.. I just want it short.... NOW:lol:

Army, I agree with the ladies here. You will look great with whateva you decide, you facial structure can carry many a-look... GO 4 it !!!

{{smooches}};)
Jf

WomanlyCharm said:
That Halle cut would be absolutely stunning on you, you've got a beautiful facial structure. But then again, you look beautiful with longer hair as well. :)

If you're really ready for a change, I say do it. Just make sure and explore the reason why you are itching for such a drastic change...:look:

My politically correct sisterfriend answer is to co-sign on the above...as it is true....you could pull the cut off.....

but inside....I am running into the thread screaming in slow motion...."Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...don't cut our, I mean, your hairrrrrr..."

I think you look gorgeous with your long hair. Before you do any thing drastic; why don't you experiment with trying on some short-styled wigs. Buy a cheapie one play around with it. And remember when you have long hair, you have many styling options; but when you have short hair...all you have is short hair. Good luck:) with your decision.

pinkskates said:
I think you look gorgeous with your long hair. Before you do any thing drastic; why don't you experiment with trying on some short-styled wigs. Buy a cheapie one play around with it. And remember when you have long hair, you have many styling options; but when you have short hair...all you have is short hair. Good luck:) with your decision.
That's a good point. I think you have the face and bone structure for a cute short cut.

MonaLisa said:
My politically correct sisterfriend answer is to co-sign on the above...as it is true....you could pull the cut off.....

but inside....I am running into the thread screaming in slow motion...."Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...don't cut our, I mean, your hairrrrrr..."

:lol: Mona Im with you.

Army, i love the Halle cut that you posted. That is a gorgeous style..... and as many others have stated, your beautiful bone structure and face will definitely allow you to pull it off!

But........... your hair is gorgeous and you've worked hard to get it to this point. :ohwell: The great thing is that you know what to do now.... so growing it back out again (should you ever decide) will not be hard. Time-consuming maybe, but not hard.

I love the idea of rocking a really short wig for a brief time, just to get the look and feel of it. That way you'll know for sure that this is the right look for you.

I sometimes get in my moods and start feeling like a short cut could be catharctic and cleansing..... starting all over, symbolically, if you will. But then i come to my senses and realize how annoying the grow-out process would be once i got tired of it. Kind of like when i have bangs.

Anyway..... girl, whatever you decide to do will be beautiful, and you know we'll support you on here no matter which you decide! :)

MonaLisa said:

Girl, you are crackin' me up! But I was thinking the same thing...LOL!

You could rock a short or long cut. I wish you well in your decision. I only hope you are not making it out of temporary frustration.

MonaLisa said:

:lachen: :lachen: Took the words right out of my mouth...but if you choose to cut i'm sure it will still look fabulous!

DSylla said:
you have the facial structure and head shape to hold a short style. I think i would look fabulous on you.

Pro = getting rid of dead ends and you could rock a cute/fun style for the summer. And if you decided to grow it back, you're starting over with healthy hair

Con= growing it out.

whatever you decide, please post pics :)

ITA.........

Go to www.especiallyyours.com and get a $29 short wig!!! I'm looking at getting my 3rd wig. I'm in the "I don't want to be bothered" stage, and I Iook cute in a short wig, but I'd miss having my own hair on my back!!!

This way, you'd be able to rock short hair for a long time, then go long when the urge strikes:)

that cut would suit you :yep:...hmmm just a thought why dont you do a series of several cuts?...like a nice angled cut to shoulder length...if you want it shorter than that, schedule antoher appt for a chin length bob...and then if you still want it shorter go all the way. that way it wont be too drastic of a cut. you may find that you only wanted to stop at shoulder length or you might be happy with the bob :yep:

Armyqt said:
I'm thinking of changing my whole look. I'm thinking a big chop. But I just got a relaxer about 3 weeks ago, so not much new growth. The bottom line is, I don't know how to style my hair. I might as well go natural and rock a short style with a little texturizer. What do you guys think?

Wait 7 days or...
leap with a "no regrets" clause.

I've had a clean head on a couple of occasions. I'm talking Kojak. For most of the 16 years I've been natural, I've mainly rocked a twa (with some BAAs in between). Sometimes I miss the comfort and ease of short hair. I'm only now requiring restraint.

7 days....

p1

eta: I was just thinking about you today AQT. I first heard of Ask & .....from you. :)

Ayeshia said:
that cut would suit you :yep:...hmmm just a thought why dont you do a series of several cuts?...like a nice angled cut to shoulder length...if you want it shorter than that, schedule antoher appt for a chin length bob...and then if you still want it shorter go all the way. that way it wont be too drastic of a cut. you may find that you only wanted to stop at shoulder length or you might be happy with the bob :yep:

This is exactly what I was going to write...I say take baby steps. On the first cut you should make sure you can still make a decent pony tail. Once you give up a pony tail you really have to style your hair everyday and that can be a chore sometimes.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
It would look good on ya, but why not try a weave cap first in that particular style to be sure you really want to go that short, then make the decision from there. Whatever you do post pics please :) .
I like this suggestion. A chop as short as Halle's is cute, but drastic. Make sure you really want to do it by experimenting with a weave or something before you go through with it. I'd hate for you to have any regrets.

You could always get layers and keep the length or get some bangs. Do that first and if you still no likey I say go for a nice cut. Good luck with your decision.

Back