I'm Thinking Of Becoming A "Curly Girl" & Kick My Poos To The Curb!

Peachtree

I haven't poo'd in a lil over 1 mth, not intentionally, but because I've been too busy (& lazy) to do them. Instead, I've been CW with Suave, VO5, White Rain & Tressemme.

Well, I wanted to use the Pantene Clarifying poo that I just purchased, but changed my mind. Instead, I wanted to give the "Curly Girl Clarifying Method" a try. So I added about 3 tablespoons of lemon juice to about 1 cup of Tressemme (Vit E) conditioner that was left in the bottle...& filled up the rest of the bottle (32 oz) with tap water...then I gave it a good shake.

In the shower, I rinsed my hair thorougly, then poured the lemon/conditioner on my hair, kinda working it into my scalp as I poured. Then I used my finger tips to massage the lemon conditioner into my scalp, & used my fingers to "rake" the conditioner down the length of my hair...then rinsed.

WHOA! THIS LIL CONCOCTION CLARIFIED MY SCALP & HAIR LIKE NO OTHER!!! My scalp feels soooo clean...& my hair felt squeeky (sp?) clean, but NOT STRIPPED clean.

This is definitely a keeper clarifying regime. I'll just have to give it 1 more try...to make sure that it wasn't a fluke before I kick my poos to the curb FOREVER!

...I just couldn't keep this to myself :bouncy:

Last edited:
I LOVE washing my hair and scalp with conditioner. I have a little bit of Suave Tropical Coconut left and just bought Suave Professionals Humectant. Now that I have a shower filter for my hard water, they are both lovely for my hair! :) I've noticed my hair airdries softer and is much more moisturized, and my scalp doesn't itch a lot like it used to.

I was wondering if I do get build up, if it's ok to use a shampoo for clarifying every 4-6 weeks or so???

Peachtree said:
I haven't poo'd in a lil over 1 mth, not intentionally, but because I've been too busy (& lazy) to do them. Instead, I've been CW with Suave, VO5, White Rain & Tressemme.

Well, I wanted to use the Pantene Clarifying poo that I just purchased, but changed my mind. Instead, I wanted to give the "Curly Girl Clarifying Method" a try. So I added about 3 tablespoons of lemon juice to about 1 cup of Tressemme (Vit E) conditioner that was left in the bottle...& filled up the rest of the bottle (32 oz) with tap water...then I gave it a good shake.

In the shower, I rinsed my hair thorougly, then poured the lemon/conditioner on my hair, kinda working it into my scalp as I poured. Then I used my finger tips to massage the lemon conditioner into my scalp, & used my fingers to "rake" the conditioner down the length of my hair...then rinsed.

WHOA! THIS LIL CONCOCTION CLARIFIED MY SCALP & HAIR LIKE NO OTHER!!! My scalp feels soooo clean...& my hair felt squeeky (sp?) clean, but NOT STRIPPED clean.

This is definitely a keeper clarifying regime. I'll just have to give it 1 more try...to make sure that it wasn't a fluke before I kick my poos to the curb FOREVER!

...I just couldn't keep this to myself :bouncy:
Awesome girl.. I'm loving the CG routine..my hair is so much softer..except for that scab hair..:mad: that is totally GROSS!!.. and my hair is curlier.. not that it needs to be..lol I love it though.. it's almost been a month for me.. if you do decide to do CG.. you should really get the book.. it's very informative and it was cool reading about the problems other curlies had over the years..until CG.. When you do CG.. they say to give it at least 3 weeks.. because during that time..your hair might start acting "weird"...breaking away from the shampoo...mine did for a little while..now it's great though.. but, since you haven't used shampoo in a month.. you prolly won't go through that stage. Also, doing CG..you only have to scalp wash once a week.. the rest of the days I CW..but not my scalp..just the rest of my hair.. does that make sense? She explains it in the book.. But, if you don't get the book.. you can read the posts on NaturallyCurly.. the "going shampoo-less" board.. there is a ton of info on there.. also prolly which conditioners are CG friendly...

I didn't think to just add the lemon juice to my conditioner.. I was thinking to that I had to use a lemon...duh..lol I always have lemon juice.. I'm going to have to do this on Thursday.. my scalp wash day.. Thanks girl!!

Keep me informed on how you are doing!!!:)

I have never felt like my CO washes cleaned my scalp, but maybe this will do the trick. I'm gonna have to try this.

jd_bdfly said:
I have never felt like my CO washes cleaned my scalp, but maybe this will do the trick. I'm gonna have to try this.

Just a FYI...
If u have color in ur hair, be careful with the lemon juice...it might change ur hair color.

Also, I would be careful with lemon juice on relaxed hair...the acidic lemon + chemically treated hair = harsh combination, personally speaking. Then again, it prolly isn't as harsh as using a conventional clarifying poo??? I don't know... just be careful dear :antlers:

.... editing to add:
Oops! My bad. I thought that u were "relaxed"... Now I see that ur "transitioning"... still be careful though.

Peachtree said:
Just a FYI...
If u have color in ur hair, be careful with the lemon juice...it might change ur hair color.

Also, I would be careful with lemon juice on relaxed hair...the acidic lemon + chemically treated hair = harsh combination, personally speaking. Then again, it prolly isn't as harsh as using a conventional clarifying poo??? I don't know... just be careful dear :antlers:

.... editing to add:
Oops! My bad. I thought that u were "relaxed"... Now I see that ur "transitioning"... still be careful though.
I never thought about the lemon juice changing my hair color.. I need highlights again though..I paid for highlights then got a BC a few weeks later..DUMB!! lol But I didn't think I was going to BC.. it just happened.. Olive Oil is also suppose to strip.. if that's the right word to use.. the color out of hair..

Back