CALLING TAI OR FELLOW CURLY GIRL METHODERS

How in the world did I miss this post? :look:

To answer the original question, I hadn't gotten around to actually trying any of the hair recipes in the book. When my hair starts having product build up, I've been doing one of two things, either using Suave Citrus smoothie conditioner to "wash" my hair or I've been using a tiny bit of a gentle shampoo mixed in with a lot of conditioner. Then I use a tiny bit of shampoo on my fingertips to cleanse my scalp. Once I'm all natural, I'll follow the CG method exclusively but my texturized hair experiences build up more often than my natural hair.

Darn you ladies! I called around and finally found a copy of this book (probably the last one left in this country state...LOL). Maybe if I read the book, I can find a way to make my no-poos work in the winter time too (currently only do them in the summer).

DelightfulFlame said:
You all be careful with that honey in the winter. I put my honey away during the winter months. It is a humectant (along with glycerin), which means that it can draw moisture to your hair if there is a lot in the air. However, if there is more moisture in your hair than in the air (cold, dry weather), then humectants can pull moisture from your hair into the air.

Thank you! You just solved my winter hair mystery. I was doing the CG method with equal parts honey, olive oil, and conditioner. Everything was great until the temps went under 70 and the humidity dropped. My hair was sooo hard. I experimented with various ratios. I finally gave up and went under a wig for the winter. My scalp was going crazy so I started doing daily rinses and appling jojoba oil afterwards. Anyway....now I know what went wrong. Thank you again.

darkflame213 said:
Thank you! You just solved my winter hair mystery. I was doing the CG method with equal parts honey, olive oil, and conditioner. Everything was great until the temps went under 70 and the humidity dropped. My hair was sooo hard. I experimented with various ratios. I finally gave up and went under a wig for the winter. My scalp was going crazy so I started doing daily rinses and appling jojoba oil afterwards. Anyway....now I know what went wrong. Thank you again.

You're welcome! Glad to help!

Back