I'm think I'm going to end my transition today....

Texlax Yay or Nay

• Yay

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Nay

Votes: 32 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Texlaxer checking in lol.

If you'd like to wear your hair straight most of the time, I'd say get a straight relaxer. If you think your hair is heat damaged now, try constantly putting a flat iron on relaxed hair. Texlaxes are great, but work best for people who don't mind a little body & texture and rarely wear their hair straight. IF that's what you want, I say give it a try.

As a girl who went natural before it was popular and then texlaxed 8 years later when going natural was all the rage, I say make the decision that works best for YOU. When I went natural and when I texlaxed, nay sayers were buzzing in my ear both times :lol: ... And both times I did what I wanted and it ended up being the best decision for ME. Best of luck! :)

Last edited:
Guess that since I think she shouldn't texlax, I'm in the mob lol....so I'll refrain from saying what I feel.

Good luck.

I don't think that everyone who says or feels she shouldn't texlax is in the mob. It just depends on the reason.

I believe that the original poster mentioned that she thinks she might have some sort of damage. In that case, I can see why someone would say not to texlax. I can also see why someone would say to try other options before texlaxing.

For me, mob mentality is "No, don't use a chemical!" or anything that reeks of "don't do it because it will alter your natural texture."

My camera phone is awful. But here is a dry picture no product. And the second one is this morning.

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1308747919057.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1308747919057.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 86
  • uploadfromtaptalk1308747984578.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1308747984578.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 86
So I ended up with the JFM textuyre softner, I put all the oil in it (I don't read directions apparently). Oil my hair and scalp wiht vatika oil and applied only to the natural hair NOT THE DAMAGED (Heat trained, BKT'd hair) let it sit for 4 minutes and rinsed it out. Aphogee 2 minute, neutralizing shampoo, DC leave in. It didn't take that long. The result is a slightly elongated 4B/A cural pattern, that lays down better. nothing drastic. I did a braidout today. I don't think my regemin is going to change much. But I am curious if I can rollerset my hair now.......

Making a date with mizani today. Never tried it before. I'm excited!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I say it's your head of hair, you'll have to do what works for you.. I tex laxed for a little over 2 years with great results and length retention (I'm 4b ish).. I used mizani butter blends with initially just oil added in for about 14 min.. I ended up loving the strength of my minimally relaxed hair I began to leave it on for less and less time.. And now I'm transitioning, lol... Which has been a major challenge but hey.. We'll see.. Zan on zanandrob.com has excellent tuts on how to tex lax.. And one of my fav hair icons was natural and then tex laxed so check her fotki out for inspiration if ya need it.. As always HHG!!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

girlfromipanema, OT, but thanks for the zanandrob.com!

Sent from my DROIDX

Back