I'm taking the plunge (going to braid again)..

Leshia

I\'m taking the plunge (going to braid again)..

Ladies, it's been what--almost a year since I've had braids and I do believe I'm taking the plunge once again. I've ordered my human braiding hair online (ebonyline.com) and I'm excited. It will be nice to throw it up into a bun and actually still look as though I've done something great with it! By the by, I think the people at texasbeautysupply. com are trying to rip me off as they ignored my first two messages to cancel my order and then sent me a notice of shipment email two days later. NOT happy about that but I won't let 'em "get me". I think they're trying to get some money out of me by making me pay restocking fees. Anyhooooo, I'm going to work on the crown and glory method (using some s-curl spray) and see how I'm lookin' come summertime! *muah*

Re: I\'m taking the plunge (going to braid again)..

i have braids right now what style r u gettin'
and dont get them 2 tight
that happened 2 me and i got bumps all around my hailine

Hey Nappi! *waves*
I do my own braids and I won't really have a "style" there will just be lots of braids for me to pull up or whatever I want to do. I'm using some wavy human hair and am just going to get it out of my way for about two months. I'm going to try using the s-curl spray to keep them moisturized. How long have you had yours in?

That's great Leisha that you are going to do your hair again. I do have a question...how do you do the ends of the human hair? Is it less heavy than the synthetic? Maybe, I need to use human hair to try braids with. Can you tell...I want them so bad. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm considering putting braids in my hair again. My concern is when the braider starts cutting the small pieces of hair that stick out of the braid. My hair stylist says alot of times they are clipping your hair.

yes sbaker I believe they are cutting your real hair and I'm someone who has braids put in often. If you look real closely it is not usually the extension hair that sticks out all through the braid becuase it is normally all one length. But through the length of the plat there will be strands of your own hair that will stick out for a number of reasons including:

a)they are not all the same length (due to breakage/different rates of growth etc)
b)it was palited smothly enough
C)there is a strak difference in tecture between the extension hair and your own

Try not to let the braider cut these so called 'fly away hairs' as although they may think they are making the braids neater in appearance they could actually be cutting your hair mid-strand!

yea they tried to do that to me. i saw scissors and i said hell no!! they said its not my hair and i said how do you know? you could be cutting my hair just for style purposes when after a couple of days the hairs will just lay flat. God belss you all.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
hairfanatic said:
That's great Leisha that you are going to do your hair again. I do have a question...how do you do the ends of the human hair? Is it less heavy than the synthetic? Maybe, I need to use human hair to try braids with. Can you tell...I want them so bad. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey hairfanatic!
The human is hair is lighter than the synthetic, less drying and I don't braid it all the way down...I braid it down enough to incorporate all of my hair and then i leave it loose...it's wavy so it just stays put! I LOVE the human...haven't used synthetic since college...You ought to give it a try...

Leshia,

Thank you so much. I will PM you because I have more questions. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back