I'm so scared

phynestone

I know what God wants of me and I just can't let go of the familiar. I know I'm supposed to move away from here, from this state and I want to stay for several reasons: to be close to my family, to live in a place that has a lower cost of living and to hopefully get back with my ex-boyfriend. I know I shouldn't stay somewhere for someone else, but it's so hard to let go and move onto the unknown. I was afraid to share my real reasons (I posted abou this in the Off Topic board) b/c I was embarassed. I know God is calling me to so much more in Him and I am just so scared out of my mind. :whyme: I keep thinking about two of my co-workers that are getting married, who currently live with their so's, and I'm trying to do things the right way and I keep coming up with nothing. But their water bill could be higher. :ohwell: And I'm so embarassed b/c I should keep my feelings and thoughts together, but it hurts so bad! I know I'm bugging my friends to death about this, so I thought I would post this in the Christian forum to get Godly advice...I can't sleep, I'm crying way too much :cry: and I know I need to get so more zzzz's on the regular.

Pray and be still for God's answer. Lots of times we try to do what we want and not what God wants for us. Listen to HIM. HE knows what is best for you. We aren't living our lives for our pleasure or for right now. We're living for Christ until we can get to heaven. Make sure everything you will do, you've consulted with Him on it. Make Him the forefront and leader of every move you make. Don't think of God as an afterthought and ask for His blessings once you've already done it. Remember HE comes first! Do everything in accordance to His will.

1. Revelation 1:8
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
Revelation 1:7-9 (in Context) Revelation 1 (Whole Chapter)
2. Revelation 21:6
He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.
Revelation 21:5-7 (in Context) Revelation 21 (Whole Chapter)
3. Revelation 22:13
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
Revelation 22:12-14 (in Context) Revelation 22 (Whole Chapter)

Galatians 2:20 (New International Version)
20-I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

I know what God wants of me and I just can't let go of the familiar. I know I'm supposed to move away from here, from this state and I want to stay for several reasons: to be close to my family, to live in a place that has a lower cost of living and to hopefully get back with my ex-boyfriend. I know I shouldn't stay somewhere for someone else, but it's so hard to let go and move onto the unknown. I was afraid to share my real reasons (I posted abou this in the Off Topic board) b/c I was embarassed. I know God is calling me to so much more in Him and I am just so scared out of my mind. :whyme: I keep thinking about two of my co-workers that are getting married, who currently live with their so's, and I'm trying to do things the right way and I keep coming up with nothing. But their water bill could be higher. :ohwell: And I'm so embarassed b/c I should keep my feelings and thoughts together, but it hurts so bad! I know I'm bugging my friends to death about this, so I thought I would post this in the Christian forum to get Godly advice...I can't sleep, I'm crying way too much :cry: and I know I need to get so more zzzz's on the regular.

Hunny, if u know what God wants from you, do it. Trust Him. Really, just trust Him. Don't be scared. He loves you sooo soooo much and His plan is always perfect. Allow Him to align you with His purpose for your life, with trying to work it out urself you would never really be at peace. Pray n it, and read some old testament stories like that of Abraham, Moses, and Jacob (and any more u fancy). See the power of our God and the perfection of His plans even when at the time it doesn't make logical sense.

In short, pray n it, if u're sure that's what Gd wants from u, go for it! It's the best thing for u, I assure you :yep:. Hope that helped at least a little and u were able to get some sleep last night :kissing4:

Your situation reminds me of a sermon I heard on how God "stretches" you in order to make room for him to move in your life. And it sounds like moving away is your "stretch". God continues to give us the same challenges until we learn the lesson or do something differently.

Also, I heard another sermon teaching that just because you see others prospering in sin, that does not make what they are doing alright for you to mimic.

i am not the best biblical scholar and wish I had the scripture for you, but if someone could help me out.

Genesis 12
The Call of Abram
1 The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.
2 "I will make you into a great nation
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.

3 I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you."

Last edited:
Back