I'm Sick of My Hair

deepdimples3

I\'m Sick of My Hair

Don't get me wrong, I love being a black woman and appreciate the hair that I have. But it's like WHY do we have to put in so much work just to grow long hair.

Somedays I just feel like I have bad hair. <font color="orange"> </font>

Re: I\'m Sick of My Hair

Its not the point of getting long hair, its the point of us having healthy or healthy looking hair first with out the breakage split ends etc. Then as long as we take care of it from that standpoint the length will come naturally...Whether hair related or not, you have to put work into every aspect to get postive results
smile.gif
smile.gif

A lot of things that help your hair really aren't that much work anyway, to me...I rinse my hair, oil my ends, and then put it up in a bun. Thats not hard work
look.gif
. To me, hard work would be blowdrying, flatironing, and worrying about perming it every month or so!
But in all seriousness, don't get bummed out, you don't have to have a super elaborate routine to get growing, the simpler ones tend to be more successful because you stick with it.

I agree with the simple routines. When I first came to this board I was trying all of these extensive and tedious routines and I got completely overwhelmed.

I simplified my routine to shampoo, conditioner, oil and bun and my hair is growing. I still just feel like it's work. I can't stand doing my hair though, I'm lazy when it comes to hair. I have the itty bitty bun going on. I feel better when I get out of that stage.

Thanks for the inspiration

Keep it up deepdimples3, things will look up for you soon. We all get discouraged sometimes, but if this is what you really want, long healthy hair, then you have to stick with it.

It helps to vent your feelings so I'm glad you were able to do that here. I hope you start feeling better soon.
kiss.gif

Yes, just stick with your routine and watch.......your bun will get larger and larger!!!

deepdimples3, I agree with Kaela. Maybe your goal will now be the same as mine (and hers?) which is to simplify your regime as much as possible
smile.gif
Make sure you have a good moisturizer. I like to wash or CO my hair every 2 or three days, but if I don't feel like it, that hair's not getting done. And still it looks great and stays healthy. I use UBH lotion. Just a by-the-way tip I think might help you
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Whether hair related or not, you have to put work into every aspect to get postive results

[/ QUOTE ]
well said... just hang in there
wink.gif
...you will not regret it

[ QUOTE ]
deepdimples3 said:
I agree with the simple routines. When I first came to this board I was trying all of these extensive and tedious routines and I got completely overwhelmed.

I simplified my routine to shampoo, conditioner, oil and bun and my hair is growing. I still just feel like it's work. I can't stand doing my hair though, I'm lazy when it comes to hair. I have the itty bitty bun going on. I feel better when I get out of that stage.

Thanks for the inspiration

[/ QUOTE ]

I have always kept it simple. that's the only way for me. shampoo, deep condition, rinse, blowdry, oil my scalp(yes my scalp
grin.gif
) and ends and into a bun it goes
smile.gif
and this i do every week to 10 days. i'm glad that many are able to do the whole shabang but honestly i have tried some things that i have read on the board and it ultimately comes to what works for you. I have tried altering my routine with different ideas that have posted but i just get the best results from my original routine
smile.gif
It's not work to me, it's just keeping my hair clean and moisturized so i can kick back and watch it grow
grin.gif

Sometimes i get sick of my hair too sweetie. I wear a bun while everyone is wearing their hair down. I know that in the long run, my hair will be past my bra strap while those other ladies are still stuck @ the shoulder.

Think long term
smile.gif

Back