Im scared for my hair

BBritdenise

I just gave birth to my beautiful baby boy 3 moths ago. I have thin curly hair, that has gotten thicker since I got pregnant. I can't get my hair to grow past my shoulder blades, it's currently barely touching my shoulders and now I'm noticing that my hair is beginning to fall out. Idk what to do! Is there anyone with hair similar to mine that knows how to get it to grow and not fall out? Please help me I'm desperate.

Attachments

• image-3736941965.jpg
    image-3736941965.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 83
  • image-350328845.jpg
    image-350328845.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 86
  • image-3875146018.jpg
    image-3875146018.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 107
  • image-592879418.jpg
    image-592879418.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 85
Garlic powder in your conditoner will work just as well as garlic conditioner. Garlic pills will work also, but that takes months to see results.

Congrats on your baby, he is very cute!

The other posters gave good advice. Also leave the heat alone. Take a a loooooooooooong break from straightening your natural hair. You have gorgeous curls.

Try light protein treatments to strengthen and castor oil treatments to thicken your hair.

This is a natural part of the postpartum experience, and your hair is going to fall out no matter what...it's the hormones. There are things you can do to slow it down, and regrow your hair. And it Will grow back! Promise! :yep:

If you have the time I'd suggest Ayurveda, which did a lot for my hair. Mega Tek & Nioxin recharging complex did the most to regrow my hair. Protective styles, wigs, and no heat...you want to make sure you do the absolute Least to your hair right now. Get a healthy trim, but don't cut it short. Fresh garlic, and/or onion in a Moisturizing shampoo. Deep condition weekly.

Most importantly, enjoy your son...the hair will grow back, and better than before. That's what I'd tell myself if I could go back to when it happened to me, anyway. :bighug:

I don't put heat on my hair usually... I only flat ironed it to get an even trim. I usually wet it, put a little conditioner and wear it natural. I am guilty of not wrapping it or twisting it up at night which I know I should do. It's just amazing that when I was a kid and my mom was doing my hair it was so long... But as soon as I started doingit myself it's so short. People assume that I can easily grow my hair because of the texture but it's so hard.

Hi,
Congratulations on the birth of your son! :grin: I'm a mother of four and post partum shedding just comes with the territory. Your body is going through hormonal changes and you begin to shed the thick hair obtained during the pregnancy. My youngest is 10 mos. old and the post partum shedding started at 3 mos as well. I used Alter Ego Garlic Mask, I took garlic supplements, biotin, and prenatal vitamin daily. I applied JBCO to my scalp nightly, I used minimal heat, and I made sure I did a protein treatment weekly. The shedding lasted 6-8 weeks. As each week went by, the shedding decreased. My hair was back to pre-pregnant state within 3 months.

I don't put heat on my hair usually... I only flat ironed it to get an even trim. I usually wet it, put a little conditioner and wear it natural. I am guilty of not wrapping it or twisting it up at night which I know I should do. It's just amazing that when I was a kid and my mom was doing my hair it was so long... But as soon as I started doingit myself it's so short. People assume that I can easily grow my hair because of the texture but it's so hard.
BBritdenise
@ the bolded - Your hair was probably long because your Mom kept your hair in protective styles.

To add to the others' suggestions - Ayurveda and combination of Nettle and Horsetail tea rinses.

Have patience and good luck!

Your son is adorable! As I said in the other thread, it's time to put your hair up! Use as little tension as possible, moisturize and deep condition, and you'll start retaining the length that you grow.

It is very important to tie up your hair at night. One or two braids under a silk or satin scarf or bonnet will do the trick.

I'm no good with the search feature but someone posted a thread a while back on what they did to combat postpartum shedding. Congrats!

Unfortunately with post-partum shedding you just have to ride the wave. I had it with both my kids and it left my hair less dense than before I had children. Keep your your strands strong with protein though because your texture could also change like mine did.

Back