Has any naturals grown hair to shoulder blades....

Update: Now they are about 1-2 inches away. :^D I keep on using this s-curl on the back cause its works well there and nowhere else anymore. LOL. haha thats weird.

My hair is past bra strap when stretched out. havent pressed for a long time now. my main protective styles are buns, french braids and 2 strand twists. Occasionally i'll wear a twist/braid out, wash and go, pony puffs, or flat twist/cornrow the front and wear the back curly. I usually retain more lenght by wearing twists for weeks at at time and conditioner rinsing every other day.

current routine:
Wash with shampoo/deep condition every 2-3 weeks and
Conditioner wash 2-3 x/week
detangle in shower with conditioner and wide tooth comb
add a leave in after every wash/rinse
moisturize everyday with either scurl, olive oil cream, or shea butter pomade

In current rotation:
cream of nature
lustrasilk cholesterol super detangling with aloe
african royale daily doctor leave in
pantene hydrating curls conditoner
vo5 strawberries and cream
scurl
kemi shea butter pomade

HI auntybe!
My hair is about two inches past my bra-strap. I just stopped wearing braids about two months ago. I think I might be able to help you out. My routine...
wash hair every 4 days with protein-enriched shampoo ( i use aveda with morikue protein)
detangle hair with a LARGE tooth comb while conditioner is still in it
rinse hair with an apple-cider vinegar rinse (once a month)
then i add some setting lotion to my hair and i twist it or put it into a bun. Don't do the bun thing to often cause it pulls on the hair.
auntybe, if you do one thing for you beautiful natural hair do this...buy cold pressed castor oil.
You said your hair has gotten thicker. I have found that when i started using castor oil, it actually changed the texture of my hair, it's so much softer now. And one more thing, I don't care what anyone tells you, NEVER put any grease or oil directly onto your scalp, just on your hair. If you want, just ask and I'll explain why. Follow this routine and you'll be on your way to long beautiful healthy hair. Also, I take multi-vitamins, evening primrose oil, and flaxseed oil. Good luck darling.

Back