I'M ROLLERSET CHALLENGED AND MADE SOME IMPROVEMENT!!... (LOTS OF PICS)

Extremus

FINALLY! :superbanana:

This is my 4th time doing a rollerset. I gave up rollersetting for a while b/c I was so frustrated with my results, but recently I decided to give them another try. They're not perfect, but hell of a lot better. :grin:

I used a weird and lazy way to wash my hair, but it helped a WHOLE LOT! I HATE trying to part my hair while it's wet (especially while doing a rollerset).. too much manipulating and breakage for me :sad: This cut it down extremely. It also helped for detangling my whole head (which I always had a problem with as well) :yep:
Took me 1hr and 15mins. The last one took me 2hrs and 10mins

I used:
wash: CON (green bottle)
condition: KeraCare Humecto (no DC)
leave-in: NTM Silk Touch leave-in
serum: NTM Healing shine serum

Anyways, here's my pics: Oh yea, I'm 14 weeks post!
:grin:

Wash (sides and mohawk parts/sections)

Rolled sides downward this time

Rollers out

Blew out roots (this was my first time blowing out roots, so I hope I did them right) :sad:

Silk/Saran Wrap and it came out like this

Roots (like I said, my first time... they're not completely straight, but they'll do for me)

Comparison to my previous attempt (less product was a lot better):yep:

Last edited:
:Flahsssss:FlahsssssI love it, your rollers are positioned nicely, I'm jealous,, I must be the only person who cannot rollerset correctly:whyme:and your right the less is more is so right :yep::yep:

:Flahsssss:FlahsssssI love it, your rollers are positioned nicely, I'm jealous,, I must be the only person who cannot rollerset correctly:whyme:and your right the less is more is so right :yep::yep:

nope, i'm the same way... i got lucky this time :lol:

It came out very nice and thank you for showing pics of the mohawk im going to try this im 12 week post and it take so much to make parts:nono: the rollers look so nice and neat and your hair is so fluffy and thick keep doing ur thing:congrats:and its growing really nice

I think it looks very very good!

It looks like you did this last set on dry hair. Was it dry? That may be a dumb question. I really want to do some nice sets too and I am quite challenged. You give me hope! :grin:

FINALLY! :superbanana:

This is my 4th time doing a rollerset. I gave up rollersetting for a while b/c I was so frustrated with my results, but recently I decided to give them another try. They're not perfect, but hell of a lot better. :grin:

I used a weird and lazy way to wash my hair, but it helped a WHOLE LOT! I HATE trying to part my hair while it's wet (especially while doing a rollerset).. too much manipulating and breakage for me :sad: This cut it down extremely. It also helped for detangling my whole head (which I always had a problem with as well) :yep:
Took me 1hr and 15mins. The last one took me 2hrs and 10mins

Anyways, here's my pics: Oh yea, I'm 14 weeks post!
:grin:

Wash (sides and mohawk parts/sections)

Rolled sides downward this time

Rollers out

Blew out roots (this was my first time blowing out roots, so I hope I did them right) :sad:

Silk/Saran Wrap and it came out like this

Roots (like I said, my first time... they're not completely straight, but they'll do for me)

Comparison to my previous attempt (less product was a lot better):yep:
WOW, your hair looks amazing. You have a very nice texture to, Are you texlaxed?

No honey, you're not the only one who can't do it right:grin: I haven't completely given up on them yet though

BTW ewilliams, it's good that you stuck to it and didn't give up on it. It turned out nice and it only gets better with time and practice (so I hear:grin:) So good job honey and thanks for posting!!!

That is just beautiful!!! Too kute!! I liek how your rollers match the walls lmao! Man you hair has that shine I'm dying for!! Happy Growing! :drunk:

Looks great E!!! You hair is growing really well. My second rollerset came out so much better than my first, and I hope to get better and faster. You're on the come up now!:grin:

FIRST! You've been a hair idol of mines since I've lurked.

Second! You need to be beat about not being able to detangle your hair! I know you read posts about ppl washing in sections. Girl that's not lazy, that's improvising! :grin:

Third! Great job! Glad you tried it again because it came out beautiful. I never saw anyone else's saran wrap other then Macherie's and yours came out just as BEAUTIFUL.

...and thanks for putting that note about the NTM silk leave in - putting on both sides of the hair; that may prove to be more affective for my hair also! :yep:

P.S. Off to stalk your fotki! :sekret:

Hey. You did a great job. Keep practicing and you'll get better.
I actually part my hair in those same sections and wash my hair like that, especially when I have a lot of new growth....it helps a lot!

It looks beautiful!

Back