I'M ROLLERSET CHALLENGED AND MADE SOME IMPROVEMENT!!... (LOTS OF PICS)

I think it looks very very good!

It looks like you did this last set on dry hair. Was it dry? That may be a dumb question. I really want to do some nice sets too and I am quite challenged. You give me hope! :grin:

Not a dumb question, I can see why you thought it was done on dry hair. The bottom pic of the parted sections was "wet/washed". The other 2 at the top were "dry/before I washed".....I see you've been "experimenting "lately and they all came out great, I'm sure you can do this as well. :yep:

your hair turned out absolutely gorgeous. I might have to steal this technique :grin:.

Go for it! ;)

WOW, your hair looks amazing. You have a very nice texture to, Are you texlaxed?

thanks, but no, I'm relaxed bone-straight, just 14 weeks post here. :)

FIRST! You've been a hair idol of mines since I've lurked.

Second! You need to be beat about not being able to detangle your hair! I know you read posts about ppl washing in sections. Girl that's not lazy, that's improvising! :grin:

Third! Great job! Glad you tried it again because it came out beautiful. I never saw anyone else's saran wrap other then Macherie's and yours came out just as BEAUTIFUL.

...and thanks for putting that note about the NTM silk leave in - putting on both sides of the hair; that may prove to be more affective for my hair also! :yep:

P.S. Off to stalk your fotki! :sekret:

Wow! :shocked: that's very flattering! :grin: I never that "I" would be someone's "idol".......thanks! :cloud9:

It came out very nice andthank you for showing pics of the mohawk im going to try this im 12 week post and it take so much to make parts:nono: the rollers look so nice and neat and your hair is so fluffy and thick keep doing ur thing:congrats:and its growing really nice

Welcome! ;) I know the ladies got to have their pics and details :yep:

Last edited:
To all the other ladies that I couldn't quote....Thank you! I really appreciate the feedback and comments! :yep::grinwink:

Happy hair growing to you too! :kiss: :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Last edited:
Wow E, You did a great job. Your hair looks really pretty and missy your hair grows fast, wonderful progress! I remember when you first joined the board.

Uh_oh E! I see you ma! Great Job!! There is hope for me rollersetting after all...not that I thought u were challenged or anything!! LOL...big ups on the saran wrap and blown out roots too!

Wow E, You did a great job. Your hair looks really pretty and missy your hair grows fast, wonderful progress! I remember when you first joined the board.

u do??? :blush::blush::blush:

Uh_oh E! I see you ma! Great Job!! There is hope for me rollersetting after all...not that I thought u were challenged or anything!! LOL...big ups on the saran wrap and blown out roots too!

:grinwink::grinwink::grinwink::grinwink:

you got skillz :yep:

:Blush2: Aww, I wouldn't say all that :look::giggle:

Your set came out great!!! It took me at least 6 tries to get it right.

I can offer 1 tip for the parting....just use your fingers to make the mohawk. I am doing it with a comb now (and a great leave-in) but for the first few sets, I did have a lot of trouble trying to get the mohawk sectioned off on wet hair while using a comb. I gave up on the comb for a while and just used my fingers.

http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/using-heat-again/

Your set came out great!!! It took me at least 6 tries to get it right.

I can offer 1 tip for the parting....just use your fingers to make the mohawk. I am doing it with a comb now (and a great leave-in) but for the first few sets, I did have a lot of trouble trying to get the mohawk sectioned off on wet hair while using a comb. I gave up on the comb for a while and just used my fingers.

http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/using-heat-again/

I go back and forth with combs, sometime it's just as much manipulation, and sometime it's easier on the hair. I guess, I'll start practicing more w/o the comb....thanks. :)

Back