I'm really really lovin spiral curl sets!! [extremely pic heavy]

Adaoba2012

Hello ladies! I just wanted to share some more pics of my weekly sprial curl sets. I had some breakage from the braids I had in a few weeks ago on the left side of my head. Here is the thread.. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=372885 So I trimmed a little..about 1/4th of an inch. Now I'm going to wear spirals for a while, trim again and then get a sew in. Belle gave me some wonderful advice about the porosity of my hair which is something I have never really looked into since I joined LHCF.. I read a bit of the porosity control challenge thread but I didn't want to spend money on porosity control yet so I decided on trying an ACV rinse. I loved the results!! My curls are soooo shiny :love: They bounce when I walk down the street...something they have never done before. I also did a Nettle tea rinse [thanks to LuckiestDestiny] I think I have really gained alot from this site..I keep learning more everyday and I love every minute of it. The best part will be enjoying this journey to whatever length I reach. Anywho, I put the rollers in my hair on Friday night and took them out on saturday morning..I just went to work without separating them because I knew I was going out that night..I separated them right before I went out on saturday night. Here are some pics of the set...

Out & about..1st night with the curls
Picture241.jpg

Picture232.jpg

Picture245.jpg

2nd day
Picture260.jpg

Picture261.jpg

Picture266.jpg

Today
Picture268.jpg

Picture267.jpg

:grin::grin::grin::grin::love::love::love::love:

Last edited:
Your curls are shiny and look soft. This is a great alternative to using heat - rollersets have always been good to my hair. :)

Thanks for sharing. I can't quite get the spiral effect with the magnetic rollers...shoot I can barely rollerset:lachen:

I like wearing my hair this way too. It's not fuss, just wake up, shake and go. No combing required.

So is the ACV the reason for the shiny, bouncy hair? I need details because my hair has been so stiff and dull lately. I would also like to know what kind of rollers you used?

I see why you love them. They look great on you. I just want to touch the screen. Did you use heat or some special heat protectant?

Very pretty curls. I'm loving that dress as well!!! Is it from American Aparrel?
Thank you!! and yes girl I did get it from there! Where are you from because they don't have American Apparel everywhere

Nice hair :) Did you air dry or sit under a dryer?
Thank you! I kinda did both. I have this dryer attachment by gold n hot..it looks like a bonnet and it dries the hair. I sat under this for about 40 minutes but I got too hot so I ended up just going to bed with the rollers in my hair.:yep:

This is very nice, what type of rollers do you use for this?
I use the regular yellow magnetic rollers..I have pics in my fotki:rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing. I can't quite get the spiral effect with the magnetic rollers...shoot I can barely rollerset:lachen:
Same with me!! I cannot rollerset to save my life:lachen: I'm still working on it but I have been spiral curling for almost 2 years now..I pretty much got the hang of it.

I like wearing my hair this way too. It's not fuss, just wake up, shake and go. No combing required.
Yep exactly..I have literally fallen in love:love:

so shiny and bouncy looking. Is that your sister in the first pic w/ you? Cuties :)
Thanks!!:cupidarrow: Yes that is my sister..we are only 1 year apart but we can pass as twins..she says thanks too!!

So is the ACV the reason for the shiny, bouncy hair? I need details because my hair has been so stiff and dull lately. I would also like to know what kind of rollers you used?
Yes! I think the ACV rinse had alot to do with the shine of my curls. I'm not an expert but there are some really good threads that discuss porosity and pH levels of the hair along with ACV rinses :yep:

How did you keep this style frsh overnight?
I just throw a satin bonnet on it and go to sleep. I am a wild sleeper too and it keeps my curls intact:gorgeous:

I see why you love them. They look great on you. I just want to touch the screen. Did you use heat or some special heat protectant?

Thanks alot!:yawn: I use a little bit of a lot of different leave in's. I'm becoming a little bit of a PJ but I like to try and incorporate everything. I used a quarter sized amount of Lacio lacio, NTM silk touch and Chi silk infusion. I also have a spray bottle with motions nourishing leave in mixed with some SAA and honeyquat...I did about 5 sprays of that. To rewet my hair during the rolling process I had another spray bottle mixed with water..maybe 3 tablespoons of lotta body and 1/2 capful of SAA and Honeyquat.

Back