I'm Only Approached By Drunk Guys

Theo

I'm only approached by guys when they're drunk. Its not like they're trashy drunk, usually they're my classmates/ colleagues and its at a school social function, but still... they're drunk.

I'm still in grad school and I interact with a lot of my male colleagues on a daily basis. I'm cordial with most of them, and several have expressed an interest in me, but most only do it when drunk at a school social function. I've never really been into picking up drunk guys, but I'm noticing a trend. By ignoring drunken come-ons I'm blowing off a lot of prospects, I think. I know its not the best story to tell at a wedding, but it is what it is.

I don't know so what do you think? They're never disrespectful, and most of them time, its something like, "Oh freelove, I think you're really cool and pretty and I've always wanted to tell you but I didn't think you'd be interested." From what I know of them at school they are pretty nice guys, and whatever. But why are they always drunk when they tell me this?

It would be nice to be approached by a nice, sober, successful guy but it doesn't seem like its going to happen. I'm sad.

Well, we all know you're attractive, and not just to drunk guys.

Sometimes a drunk mind speaks a sober tongue. I still wouldn't give those guys the time of day if they have to get intoxicated to tell you how they really feel about you. You're worth so much more.

I'm only approached by guys when they're drunk. Its not like they're trashy drunk, usually they're my classmates/ colleagues and its at a school social function, but still... they're drunk.

I'm still in grad school and I interact with a lot of my male colleagues on a daily basis. I'm cordial with most of them, and several have expressed an interest in me, but most only do it when drunk at a school social function. I've never really been into picking up drunk guys, but I'm noticing a trend. By ignoring drunken come-ons I'm blowing off a lot of prospects, I think. I know its not the best story to tell at a wedding, but it is what it is.

I don't know so what do you think? They're never disrespectful, and most of them time, its something like, "Oh freelove, I think you're really cool and pretty and I've always wanted to tell you but I didn't think you'd be interested." From what I know of them at school they are pretty nice guys, and whatever. But why are they always drunk when they tell me this?

It would be nice to be approached by a nice, sober, successful guy but it doesn't seem like its going to happen. I'm sad.
:lachen:Hilarious!
I don't know what to tell you.
Just watch out for the drunk men who just want sex.

Maybe they think you're very pretty so the only time they dare to hit on you is when they're drunk? :)

And you should definately ignore them when they're drunk! :nono:

freelove said:
By ignoring drunken come-ons I'm blowing off a lot of prospects, I think.

As it should be. You don't have to settle to picking up drunks. Anyone who needs the 'liquid courage' doesn't deserve to be with you. Future alcoholics need not apply.

Stay away from places where drinking is involved.

I have to concur.

I wouldn't mess with a drunk guy, yea alcohol may speak sober thoughts but I'd be afraid those thoughts are not really directed towards me...

Maybe they think you're very pretty so the only time they dare to hit on you is when they're drunk? :)

what she said...Why would you want a man who is not sober when he approaches you?
I am sure you have a lot going on for yourself. Why would you settle for that sadness???

It is pretty simple.....
Hang out with sober people.

Yeah, some guys need that liquid courage before they can talk to a girl. Maybe they think they will get shot down if they came at you straight and sober. To me, they are cowards and are not serious enough about really pursuing anything you...don't even waste your time with them as everyone has said!

Tell them if they're for real to come find you when they're sober. If they don't come correct then, forget about it.

Back