I'm officially transitioning...*gulp*

Leshia

I'm nervous, but tired of what relaxers do to my hair. I want big hair...big curly, messy hair...so I'm transitioning. I don't know yet that I will do it with a big chop, but someone just told me that they felt I would look adorable with my hair chopped...so I may...one day. But for now, I will transition as long as I possibly can. *BIG, deep breath* Okay, so it's official now. *looking around* Yikes.

:bouncy: Congrats on your decision!!! :bouncy:

:yep: I knew you would do it sooner than later! :grin:

:clap: BEST WISHES TO YA' LESHIA! :kiss:

Congratulations! When I began to transition I had a very short (tappered in the back) bob. It wasn't a BC, but it was close and made the transistion a little easier.

Welcome to the coily side!!!!!! Good luck with your transition, I'm sure you will get plenty of help and support if you need it!! :)

Me, too, Leisha! I'm tired of damaged, relaxed hair. My only fear is not being able to style natural hair, but I'm determined to learn. I'll probably b/c in july before my trip to California. Mtg is making my hair grow like mad so, I'm sure I will have enough ng to be comfortable with.

hey, L, good move....you'll be glad you did.

*** :eek:fftopic: *** but have you heard of the Dale City/Woodbridge area in Prince Williams' County? I used to live in that part of VA.....I mis Pathomic Mills Mall!! **done**

PittGirl06 said:
hey, L, good move....you'll be glad you did.

*** :eek:fftopic: *** but have you heard of the Dale City/Woodbridge area in Prince Williams' County? I used to live in that part of VA.....I mis Pathomic Mills Mall!! **done**

I hope that I'll be very, VERY glad. We'll see. Yes, I go to Potomac Mills about once a week! *stupid look* It's about 10 minutes from me...*WINK*

Pooh, I knew you'd be the first with the congrats! I only hope and pray to have as much strength as you. You inspired me! *HUG*

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. When you're not familiar with your natural hair, it can be a little intimidating to consider letting that natural texture come through. After all, it can possibly be intimidating to discover something that you...uh...don't want. *gulps* I'm serious ya'll. If I turn out to look like whoopie goldberg, I'm texturing. I know that doesn't sound very brave, but I've been relaxed since I was very young, so I know nothing else. I've seen my new growth growing in curly but I'm very anxious to see what all of my natural hair will do. But that's why we're all here, right? To learn. So I am at the mercy of anyone with knowledge and/or supportive words!

Oh, and thanks to Carlie for the compliment. I really do hope that, if need be, I can pull off a TWA. I really do. (with some blonde highlights, of course *wink*)

Anyway, thanks again everyone for the support. I can only hope to exude a small fraction of some of the knowledge and beautiful self-confidence that many of you gracious ladies do!

Natrlchallenge said:
Me, too, Leisha! I'm tired of damaged, relaxed hair. My only fear is not being able to style natural hair, but I'm determined to learn. I'll probably b/c in july before my trip to California. Mtg is making my hair grow like mad so, I'm sure I will have enough ng to be comfortable with.

Please let me see pics of your BC. I really want to have all the inspiration I can! I am using the MTG as well. I think I'd need about 6 inches of new growth to really feel like I can step out the door though...

Leshia said:
Pooh, I knew you'd be the first with the congrats! I only hope and pray to have as much strength as you. You inspired me! *HUG*
Thanks hon! Stay strong! God bless! :kiss:

hello everyone! I'm new here and I am also going to be officially transitioning! I'm really excited but also a little worried. I've been doing researching and stuff online and came across this website. I have hair up to my bra strap and I DO NOT want to cut it. I am definitely not doing the big chop. I just can't cut my hair! I've decided I'll be having braids put in periodically during my transitioning phase. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! I've been relaxing my hair for 11 years and I'm just tired of it. I also want big curly hair!!! Love it! =o) :lol:

Leshia said:
I hope that I'll be very, VERY glad. We'll see. Yes, I go to Potomac Mills about once a week! *stupid look* It's about 10 minutes from me...*WINK*

I dunno if they still have Cinnabun's over there.....but when I was a kid I used to go there ALL the time...it was my favorite place in the mall...yum yum....oh and I used to could watch them make the cinnamon rolls too! Oh, do they still have Wacama Pottery? When I was a kid I used to call it "walk the mall" pottery cuz you had to walk the mall to get there...lol. Also, I went to MLK elementry, if you heard of it. Sorry y'all...flashbacks!

Leshia said:

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. When you're not familiar with your natural hair, it can be a little intimidating to consider letting that natural texture come through. After all, it can possibly be intimidating to discover something that you...uh...don't want. *gulps* I'm serious ya'll. If I turn out to look like whoopie goldberg, I'm texturing. I know that doesn't sound very brave, but I've been relaxed since I was very young, so I know nothing else. I've seen my new growth growing in curly but I'm very anxious to see what all of my natural hair will do. But that's why we're all here, right? To learn. So I am at the mercy of anyone with knowledge and/or supportive words!

Oh, and thanks to Carlie for the compliment. I really do hope that, if need be, I can pull off a TWA. I really do. (with some blonde highlights, of course *wink*)

Anyway, thanks again everyone for the support. I can only hope to exude a small fraction of some of the knowledge and beautiful self-confidence that many of you gracious ladies do!

Of course you can pull off a twa, I have yet to see ANYBODY that couldn't. There is NOTHING like the freedom of rocking your own crown and there is so much variety with nappy hair, just wait you'll see. It does not matter what texture your hair is going to be, because you will learn to work with, and love what you have...(Whoopi has beautiful hair by the way). One thing that you will have to do when you become natural is TRANSITION IN THE MIND, and sometimes this takes time. Its such an exciting journey filled with both highs and lows...But more highs once you learn to accept your hair for what it is and what its was made to be...can God make a mistake???? I think not ;0).

Last edited:
I'm officially transitioning too. Congratulations! My relaxed hair isn't damaged, I'm just tired of chemicals! I'm not BC'ing, though.

Back