I'm new & need HELP!! SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!! (pics inside)

Uniquemami

Hey everyone. I am new to the site and new to natural hair care in general. (im so new im not even sure what curl pattern i am:ohwell:). Ive been getting relaxers since I was four because I had so much hair as a child and my mother didnt know what to do w/ it. Ive never been extra habitual with relaxing, depending on the time of year i would go btwn 2-4.5 months w/ out a touchup. I had a full weave w/ a natural hairline for a birthday gift and as my relaxer began to REALLY grow out i saw how pretty my hair was and decided to transition. I am 8 months relaxer free, but im ssssoooo lost!!

i went to a natural hair care salon & had a flexi set put in March 6th. its been cute. until the rain began. the moisture in the air is killing me.....all the while ive been feeling like this --->:wallbash:; no bueno:nono:. Its still holding up kind of well. But it looks a little lackluster. I dunno what to do! What kind of products can i use to attempt to keep the style a little longer. Is there something to smooth out/hold my hairline. should i give up alltogether? can you guys suggest another style that may last longer?

help please.
pics are below.

March 6th 2010 - fresh flexis
transitonalstyle1a.jpg

Last week
transitonalstyle1.jpg

now.....ugh.....
transitonalstyle1b.jpg

Are you redoing it at home? Or is it the same set? if your doing it at home maybe it's the products you are using for hold?

Welcome to the sistahood! Lol Good luck on your journey

:welcome: :newbie:...I would slick the front down with some aloe vera gel and your favorite gel (mixed together) and either pin it it up put it into a pony...There are several transitioners' threads on this site that can help you, as well. Don't give up, yet.

Back