IM IN THE DOMINICAN BUT CAN'T FIND HAIR PRODUCTS

taytay86

Ladies, have any of you visited, or are any of you from the Dominican Republic? I'm in Playa Dorada just outside Puerto Plata but none of the ladies here seem to know where all the hair conditioners are:rolleyes:.

I see one called Sedal made by Unilever (who also makes Dove) and Miss Key for $5! But I am looking for Lacio Lacio and the hot oil (can't remember the name right now) but I'm not having any luck.

Can anyone give me some advice?

TIA!

Ladies, have any of you visited, or are any of you from the Dominican Republic? I'm in Playa Dorada just outside Puerto Plata but none of the ladies here seem to know where all the hair conditioners are:rolleyes:.

I see one called Sedal made by Unilever (who also makes Dove) and Miss Key for $5! But I am looking for Lacio Lacio and the hot oil (can't remember the name right now) but I'm not having any luck.

TIA!
Why not just order online?

TIA!

go into puerto plata, take the gua gua (those lil vans like dollar cabs in nyc, that come by, hail it like you'd hail a cab it's lik 30 cents all the way to puerto plata city) the stores in the city, and the salons in the city have em.

PS have fun!!! other bargains to be had there. i got my whole head braided for $7! in a funky style too

You can find the hair products at either the pharmacy or at a supermarket. I wouldn't take a public bus anywhere, be careful. You can ask somebody at the front desk to get it for you and you pay them the money.

go into puerto plata, take the gua gua (those lil vans like dollar cabs in nyc, that come by, hail it like you'd hail a cab it's lik 30 cents all the way to puerto plata city) the stores in the city, and the salons in the city have em.

PS have fun!!! other bargains to be had there. i got my whole head braided for $7! in a funky style too

I figured as much I'm going to downtown puerto plata tomorrow and wednesday so wish me luck! Ya we've been advised by our rep not to take the bus, but the taxi's shouldnt be bad, plus our final tour is on wednesday where we get to shop so i will be on the look out!

The plaza by me doesn't have lacio or salerm, so I should have better luck in the city.

THANKS SO MUCH LADIES!

i just found miss key for $1 dollar no joke, and the jumbo size for $5 and lacio lacio 9oz for $3. I tried looking for Salerm 21 philas but I couldn't find it. They have a lot of the conditioner with the snail on it (yellow and green packaging) and the silk worm (queen helena in a pink bottle, but didn't like the smell). Anything else I should look out for?

TIA

Do you see any brands you've never seen on the boards or online? Seeing as how its so cheap why not be adventurous and pick at least ONE dc you've never seen or heard of but looks like it'd be beneficial ... THEN GIVE US A REVIEW :yep:...

Thanks so much ladies - I'm back now, and wasn't too adventurous (I left one bottle of lacio on the shelf:lachen:) although I did pick up a hair treatment from Miss Key (product looks dark orange in colour) and I will give my review in time.

Hi Ladies,

I thought I would follow up with my post in July about the Miss Key hair treatment I bought in the DR. It comes in a clear bottle and the product is the same colour as the 10 en 1 if I'm not mistaken (I apologize I don't have a photo, I will try and upload a picture later). It's lighter than 10 en 1 and felt really nice in my hair. Left it smooth and silky. I've only used it once, but if anyone is thinking of getting it, it's great.

Hey, I was in the DR on vacation during August this year - Playa Dorada too! I was dying to buy some of the hair stuff I keep hearing about so we hired a taxi from our hotel who took us to a supermarket in Puerto Plata. The stuff was super affordable but all I could recognize was Miss key - got 2 huge jars plus the shampoo and apretadora - wierd green pre- shampoo treatment only used once. I did not see salerm or laciolacio.

I saw tones of lacio - and huge jars of everything else but was afraid of the weight so I didn't get any. I was sincerely hoping to find Salerm and has no luck also.

Back