I'm having a lil dilemma!!!

nfynit_812

Basically, I'm torn between staying a natural for my wedding or getting a relaxer......?!?!?

See, I've been relaxer-free since November 2003-and I kept my hair in braided styles ever since. I love my natural hair-although it is soooooooo thick and unruly, I wouldn't know what to do with it for the wedding as far as a style is concerned.

Then again, I do miss getting my hair done every week and getting relaxers...I miss the versatility of hairstyles...I miss how light my hair felt after a touch up....*reminiscing*

I want to wear an updo for my wedding, which will be in the Bahamas in August...I just don't know what to do with my hair!!! I don't want microbraids because it's a pain to take out in the end!

I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!! If I get a relaxer, I don't know how my hair would react...and I was used to getting touch ups every 6 weeks...any advice ladies? I'm so confused :(

Why don't you get it pressed and curled for the wedding. You can have it styled into an up do and once the wedding is over you can go back to your other styles.

I know that everyone's wedding day is very special, but I would not make the decision to perm again based on this one day. There are other options as the other ladies have given. If you decide to perm, do so because this is what you really want and not just for the big day.

lalah said:
I know that everyone's wedding day is very special, but I would not make the decision to perm again based on this one day. There are other options as the other ladies have given. If you decide to perm, do so because this is what you really want and not just for the big day.

ITA :) But also beware that the Bahamas in August is going to be humid, so any blow out or press might revert :scratchch Unless you're positive that you want to perm again, I'd either go with micros or a full head weave, both of which would allow you to do beautiful updos.

Congrats on getting married! :clap:

I would say continue toward your natural goal and don't give up...plus, your wedding day is just one day...i know it's a special day but is it worth throwing away all that hard work you've done with growing out your relaxer? :ohwell:

...and if you do decide to relax, do it because YOU and ONLY you want to do it... not for anyone else...

...are you thinking relaxed hair would look better for your wedding or something? :confused: I'm sure there are plenty of styles you could wear with transitioning hair that would look great for your wedding! :)

Last edited:
Okay...I'm thinking of getting micros around the crown of my head then weave up the middle...so it won't be that many braids to take out.....

...here's an idea...

microbraidspg2.jpg

The middle would be weaved up; perfect for updo's!

Don't mind me-I'm trying to convince myself to get a braided style for the wedding....If anyone has other websites that I can find hairstyles, please feel free to list some!

Blaxalrose, Lalah, MissBrown and PrettyBrownEyes, thank you for your suggestions :).

The original plan was to give my hair a rest from chemicals for a few months...but when I saw my wavy new growth, I wondered what would my hair look like if I kept getting my hair braided...

I was going to relax my hair for the wedding....but I kinda like my natural hair. I just don't know what to do with it-and I'm not going to keep braiding my hair forever either.

i say if you dont know stay natural. you could get flat twists in the front and 2strand in the back and wear it in a traditional updo for the wedding then wear it down for the honeymood that way no doing hair or worrying then you can make your decision to relax or stay natural later. dont stress

style4b.jpg

I found this off of the khamit kinks website...I saw this in a braid magazine a few years ago and I tore out the page that had this style. If I have micros, this may be a style to go with.

I looked at the two other websites, and I did see some micro styles...Tiger Lily, I really appreciate recommending these sites to me!

Thank you, MsPortugal :) ...I'm going to do micros with a weaved middle...

Back