Im hair bored

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Im really bored with my hair. I feel like ive gotten my hair to a place where its easy to deal with, I have found my staple product and styles and i am just getting sick of my hair looking the same way. (im currently struggling to do the no heat thing so im bunning alot) Because of this i wish i could get into fake hair but i just hate the way it looks on me. Does anyone else get like this? What do you do? I cut some inches off to see if that helped but it didnt. Maybe i should cut some more off?

I feel the same way! I've been thinking of putting maybe 5 or 6 brown highlights in my hair...or joining a castor oil challenge to shake things up a bit lol

I dunno, if you don't have them already, maybe you can get layers? Layers always look pretty and they add to fullness, so that's always an option :)

I'm in the braid/twist/bun for growth challenge because I was getting hair bored too. It's forcing me to search for and come up with different ideas for hairstyles while keeping it protected most of the time which is great for me. I am a color junkie and I just colored my hair last month, so I am going to leave the color alone until sometime next year.

I realize you said you hate how fake hair looks on you, but maybe you could find a half wig that would blend and look great on you. It took me a while before I felt comfortable wearing half wigs. I was soo self-conscious till I figured out blending. Now, it's my sole PS. Braids also offer variety, would you be open to that?

I feel exactly the same way. Don't cut though lol. I'm trying to experiment with wash and goes like Mahoganycurls and Denimpixie of Youtube. We'll see how long that lasts...

I know exactly what you mean about being hair bored. I have been feeling like this for a really long time and for me I think its because I have worn my hair in so many styles it feels like its all been done already. :perplexed:

My next style will be crochet braids in an attempt to shake things up!

Do something different! I know you said you dont like the way weave looks on you but, personally I would try it. I love fake hair! It can take some getting used to, but with a good stylist you would look great!

Last edited:
i was feeling that way as well... le sigh!

i got this spark to cut it short but i know me and i would be itching to have my bun back. i'm super lazy with my hair and when i don't want to be bothered i will power bun that b***h. and i don't know if i want to do the grow out thing. i know that if i cut my hair super short it will probably stay that way.

then... i was gonna color it just a streak in the front or highlights. but again i know myself... i will not keep up the color. end up going back to black like amy.

i'm a protective style type of gal but i got the itch to start doing wash n gos and applying the curly girl method. that lasted like a damn day because i hated the shape of my hair. it was just laying there. and i'm leary of stylists. and again i'm just not all the way there with cutting my hair.

so what did i do... i just have been keeping my hair up and away. i'm doing mini braids until june. i want to see how far my hair can get. after that i'm just gonna play with my hair and not give a ish. but as it is, i'm not excited with my hair and i'm just not messing with it because i fear i will do something drastic that i will regret.

Whenever I'm bored. I try a wig or a weave. Well one time I was severely bored and shaved my head (see avatar) lol

Ditto, but that's really when I committed myself to just ignoring my hair, and letting it grow. I can't really do anything else but that anyway! I'm gonna do a henna dye red any week now, and then just nada. I also got some hair jewelry, to perk it up every now and then...

I get bored easily with my hair too, like I am now and I always cut it when I get bored, like I want to do now, then I regret cutting it and let it grow back out again. Then repeat the cycle lol

Sorry I have no good advice to offer but I feel ya pain :)

Back