Im going to do it... I'm going to color my hair... at home I think

Shell4624

Please give me some advice. My hair is pretty healthy now, as I've been a member for over 1.5 years now and I've gone from neck length damaged dry hair to arm pit healthy and moisturized hair. I self relax and only go to salons for trims...

I really want color. I want something in the blond family just in the top part and front of my hair. In the past, I'd self color (wwwaaaayyyy before LHCF) and it would be OK for me... But my hair would eventually break and/or stay the same length.

The last time I colored, I ended getting Micro braids a month of so after coloring and I was really rough when taking the braids out, but I noticed my breakage was right at the point of where the color was in my hair.

So I am a little nervous about coloring but I do truly feel that yes color will dry your hair, but by having LHCF and the knowledge base available on here, I believe a lot of my hair lost and breakage was a moisture issue.

That being said, would you color, ever? And what are your biggest tips? Any and all feedback is welcome... Keep it real! LOL Thanks ladies

Sorry, I should have mentioned I do relax. I used ORS Olive Oil Relaxer and have been for the past 1.5 years...so far so good.

So Im a relaxed hair type 4 I'll say

I've colored before with no problems but it was only jet black. I don't like lighter colors so I can't offer any tips.

I think if you keep your hair moisturized you should be fine.

Back