I'm going to do it...

My tip is to buy two boxes, one box is never enough! Also I went back to black because I hated the upkeep I had to re-dye my roots every 6-8 weeks.

i went ahead and used the natural instincts egyptian plum. It darkened my hair a little which is ok i guess because before it was various shades of brown. My hair is wet right now so we will see how it looks tomorrow after i take down my twists (no i didn't color in twists). My hair felt so silky after putting in that conditioner that comes in the box and my curls were tighter. We shall see how everything looks tomorrow!

I thought NI was more like a cellophane as opposed to a dye? I remember using that when I would dye my hair with Nice&Easy and then a couple of weeks later use the NI to refresh the color.

In any event, I am excited to see how it turned out... I am thinking of dying my hair red again...

Yeah, either your natural hair color or cherrywood. That blazing burgundy looks dryish and doesn't really go with your skin tone.

I tried Cherrywood back when I was relaxed, the color shows really well. I also like it for your skintone. I used Texutres and tones a couple months ago, it took me two boxes of black to do my whole head.

With your hair being as dark as it is, the burgundy isn't going to show as bright as it is on the box. It will be toned down some. I think the burgundy will be pretty.

I forgot i made this thread. I have since colored and chopped too as most of you know. The color barely made a showing on my hair but what it did do was make my natural brown color more uniform (my hair ranged in the whole brown spectrum for some reason, not sure why as it was natural). I am thinking about getting my hair professionally colored but i'm not sure if i want to make the commitment. For now i may stick with the natural instincts because though it wasn't a heavy hitter as far as color i did like the way it looked overall and outside in the sun.

Back