I'm giving up....

jazzyfunknastee

I\'m giving up....

On doing my own hair. I've been going to the Dominican salon since New Year's Eve. My hair has never been softer, silkier and more combable than before. All they do is wash and set it but it's like magic compared when I try to do my own hair. When I do it, my hair shrinks up like it's scared of me or somehing
frown.gif
Plus my hair kept breaking when I did it no matter if I used the same products Miguelina (the stylist) did. I barely get breakage with her. Maybe she has the "hair hands" and I don't. The bright side of all this? My hair is now down to my collarbone when it was up to my nape for years. I'll still buy products and bring them to her. Doing that, the wash and sets only cost me $12. Using their conditioners it's $15, so it's not that bad. I'm just kinda sad that I have to depend on somebody else for my hair...

Re: I\'m giving up....

yeah that is why I always keep the number and address of the local beauty school and the Smart Style salon b/c if all I want is a wash and roller set, how can they mess that up.

I agree...I'm considering going back to Herman at least every couple of weeks like I used to...Im tired of looking busted all of the time, even though my hair is healthy...

The next time I visit NY I am heading to a dominican salon.
I want that FAMOUS BLOWOUT.
weird.gif

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
I agree...I'm considering going back to Herman at least every couple of weeks like I used to...Im tired of looking busted all of the time, even though my hair is healthy...

[/ QUOTE ]

We must all be going through the same thing. I too am tired of healthy busted hair.LOL. I tried a new shop up the block and they fried me but I am gonna go back and talk with about the heat and see if this can be a long term solution.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Sometimes I get tired of doing my own hair, too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, sometimes I do too.

[ QUOTE ]
brownrelaxedhair said:
Good news Jazzy, do you see Miguelina on 1st Ave up town?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I got to Zoraida's on Flatbush Avenue and Avenue D in Brooklyn. She doesn't speak much English but homegirl knows how to hook some hair up! Plus her head massages are just divine.

Back