I'm finally on the Humecto bandwagon

webby

Think Slim
Ok, after hearing CaramelHonee, AJDiva and a few others constantly praise Humecto, I finally bought some (only found the small bottle, but thanks to AJD, I'll be picking up a tub on my next visit to my momma's house).

I was desperate to finally try Humecto.

After washing my hair and gently detangling in the shower I thoroughly blotted my hair dry. I admit that I was a little shocked by what came out of the bottle. I knew that it was a creme, but I didn't expect this oil like shine as I applied the conditioner to my hair. My fingers were actually slipping through my hair like nothing...I was already liking this product.

The one concern I had was that my hair might be heavy, weighed down by the oils after rinsing. I don't like my hair dry and crunchy, but I don't like it weighed down and laden with oils either.

I rinsed and was dumbfounded by how easily I was able to comb through my hair. My roller set went the fastest I have ever done it and I cannot even begin to tell of the shine I had. I had so much shine and moisture that I could have probably gone without adding any hairdressing.

This stuff is absolutely amazing. I did also buy KeraKare dry scalp treatment, which I will be trying next shampoo. I expect the same results, if not bettr.

Thank you to everyone who has raved over Humecto...I'm in :love:

MissB said:
Welcome to the club! You will really like the "tub" version.

MissB, that's exactly what AJD said. What is the difference? Why would the company change the forumula for the bottle?

I love Humecto also, and am considering purchasing the tub b/c I wasn't as pleased with the bottle version as I was with the sample size amount I was sent from KeraCare. That is a very good question as to way the formula would be different, I have no idea??? :-\

:yay: Humecto is my favorite conditioner hands down! The tub is better if you like a thicker consistency than the bottle. Both work the same for me though.

O-KAY! Girl i KNEW you would love it.
Welcome to the humecto club... once in, you won't ever think of leaving! hahaha

webby said:
MissB, that's exactly what AJD said. What is the difference? Why would the company change the forumula for the bottle?

i asked to same question awhile back and someone said that the tub may be a thicker consistency so that it's scoopable. i love humecto very much and i like the leave-in even more.

Both the tub and bottle work the same way, but you don't have the runny consistency with the tub version.

CaramelHonee said:
You ain't lying...I might need to invest in some KeraKare stock ;)

Libra and Miss, thanks for the info :up:

webby said:
Ok, after hearing CaramelHonee, AJDiva and a few others constantly praise Humecto, I finally bought some (only found the small bottle, but thanks to AJD, I'll be picking up a tub on my next visit to my momma's house).

I was desperate to finally try Humecto.

After washing my hair and gently detangling in the shower I thoroughly blotted my hair dry. I admit that I was a little shocked by what came out of the bottle. I knew that it was a creme, but I didn't expect this oil like shine as I applied the conditioner to my hair. My fingers were actually slipping through my hair like nothing...I was already liking this product.

The one concern I had was that my hair might be heavy, weighed down by the oils after rinsing. I don't like my hair dry and crunchy, but I don't like it weighed down and laden with oils either.

I rinsed and was dumbfounded by how easily I was able to comb through my hair. My roller set went the fastest I have ever done it and I cannot even begin to tell of the shine I had. I had so much shine and moisture that I could have probably gone without adding any hairdressing.

This stuff is absolutely amazing. I did also buy KeraKare dry scalp treatment, which I will be trying next shampoo. I expect the same results, if not bettr.

Thank you to everyone who has raved over Humecto...I'm in :love:

Girl, what took you so long? ;) ...Isn't it great! I started using it in '96 and I have yet to find anything that compares! I have 3 tubs. :)

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong when I use Humecto....

It makes my hair SO DRY and coated feeling???? No matter what I do.... :mad:

Cleo said:
Girl, what took you so long? ;) ...Isn't it great! I started using it in '96 and I have yet to find anything that compares! I have 3 tubs. :)
I know. Out of all of the products to miss, I can't believe this one was passed up. I never saw anyone using this at the salons. If it were not for the recommendations here, I would never know about this product.

My hair is so straight and sleek AND moist. It looks like I just got a fresh relaxer.

Lorraine said:
Where can Humecto be purchased and who makes it?
I bought mine at a BBS in NYC, but CH posted a link to purchase online...I'll dig it up. KeraKare makes it. It really is the best product I have used for moisture. I can't wait to try the other one by KeraKare.

Tracy said:

Tracy,

I don't think that you are using Humecto wrong. I have noticed that ladies with fine hair do not care for Humecto. My mom's hair is fine and thin and she told me that she didn't find it to be a spectacular product. I was wounded but I got over it.

I have another friend with fine hair who prefers Motions to Humecto. She apologized for offending me but we're still friends.

Tracy said:

Really? Wow, that's surprising, because it gave me the most moisture I have ever had, especially with so much new growth :confused:

MissB said:
Tracy,

I don't think that you are using Humecto wrong. I have noticed that ladies with fine hair do not care for Humecto. My mom's hair is fine and thin and she told me that she didn't find it to be a spectacular product. I was wounded but I got over it.

I have another friend with fine hair who prefers Motions to Humecto. She apologized for offending me but we're still friends.
MissB, I have really fine hair, a lot of it, but it's fine and I have exceptional results.

MissB said:
Tracy,

You may be right MissB.....

I like Motions better than I do Humecto, altho to be truthful, I don't love either of them. :ohwell:

Guess I'll just stick with boring old Dom. products. :p

webby said:
Really? Wow, that's surprising, because it gave me the most moisture I have ever had, especially with so much new growth :confused:

Oh don't get me wrong it gives me the SLIP people talk about - it just feels like I have GUM in my hair after is all....

And it makes my scalp hurt. Irritation.

Maybe I'm allergic to it... :burn: :think:

MissB said:
Tracy,

Actually, I have fine hair and my hair loves Humecto :) . Now Nexxus Humectress...that my hair hates.

foxybronx said:
Tracy did you get a bad batch?

No I don't think so... :( I think it probably just doesn't work well for me, despite my reluctance to accept that....

I've tried a few bottles at a bunch of different times....

It just works SO WELL for everyone else, I always think it MUST be something I'm doing wrong. I've tried it with and without heat. On towel dried and sopping wet hair....

No matter. Same result. Once my hair is dry, I might as well have used Elmers! :ohwell:

CaramelHonee said:

LOL CH.....it was actually think that I was going to start alternating between Humecto and Elucence MB conditioner :) . I think that I have finally found my staples.

MissB said:

What is the name of the Motions product that's similar to Keracare Humecto???????????????? :confused:

I used it LONG ago when my hair was longer and I lOVED it....it was like my hair was detangled the minute the conditioner touched my hair! Maybe I shoudl invest in somemore.....
The only reason I stopped was I met Elucence MB...it was great too...not as detangliing but it had good results too.

Back