I'm confused!

ms jadu

I\'m confused!

I've been reading some of the posts in regards to relaxers, and I'm very confused. I was told that lye relaxers damage your hair, and causes the texture to change along with hairloss. I see that some of you guys prefer lye relaxers over no-lye. What is the difference between lye and no-lye, and is what I heard misconceptions?

Re: I\'m confused!

lye relaxers are better cos they impart shine and moisture to the hair BUT they are harsher on the scalp so get a professional to apply it and base your scalp really well! no lye relaxers dry out the hair more BUT are gentler on the scalp (hence you can get them in kits for application at home). Lye relaxers are better so long as they are applied properly.

From what I've read on the whole no-lye versus lye relaxers is that both are just as damaging to the hair, it's just that lye relaxers tend not to rob the hair of so much moisture like no-lye relaxers, leaving the hair more moisturized. Plus, it is said that no-lye relaxers over a period of time starts to leave calium deposits on the hair. As far as the changing the texture of the hair, I haven't read anything that states that, but I can guess that If the wrong strenght is used on the hair it will make the hair feel and appear thinner. Just an assummation on my part. HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've been reading some of the posts in regards to relaxers, and I'm very confused. I was told that lye relaxers damage your hair, and causes the texture to change along with hairlos

<font color="red"> </font> I thot that was the purpose of a relaxer, lye or no-lye to permanently change the texture of the hair???

Hey ms jadu, I know that you live in the Orlando area, if you are interested in buying a elasta qp mango butter off of me, my girlfriend is coming down from ATL and will be bringing some down. let me know /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back