I'm coming out..

Babyj

I\'m coming out..

of lurk mode!
newbie.gif
I am kinda new to this group, although I joined a couple of months ago,this is the first time that I am posting. i really felt the need to share my hair story with you ladies. Since I found the hair boards about a year and a half ago, I have finally been taking proper care of my hair. For a long time I believed that the only way I could style my hair was by using heat. I used the flat iron/curling iron EVERYDAY! Needless to say my hair was thin and never progressed past shoulder length. Well to cut a long and sad story short, I got a touchup this weekend after a summer of protective styling, airdrying and above all NO heat! Well my hair now reaches my underarm in the back. It took me a while to get there due to the previously damaged hair that I had to gradually trim away over the past year. This was my first aim so I am so happy, as this gives me the confidence to continue with this hair journey. My ultimate aim is bra strap length and I only have 3 inches to go!
trampoline.gif

I just wanted to express my gratitude to all the inspirational and knowledgable people on this board for the helpful advice that you share. This board is amazing!
smile.gif

I have one little question; I do my touchups at home and everything has turned out fine so far. The only thing is that after this recent touchup I noticed a small section in my crown area that is slightly underprocessed.
ohwell.gif

Does anyone have an opinion as to whether I should 'go over' that area again in a couple of weeks or so to even things out or should I just leave it alone until the next touch-up? I don't relax my hair bone straight but I dont want any breakage from combing the two slightly different textures. I use Dark & Lovely regular relaxer.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
rosebud.gif

Re: I\'m coming out..

Hi Babyj...Welcome to the posting world of LHCF!
wave.gif

Congratulations on your accomplishments!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

I haven't yet started doing my own relaxers so I will look forward to the answer you get. Being able to do your own relaxers is a good thing.
smile.gif
You go girl!
weird.gif

Welcome to the forum!! It is nice to have you here.

The crown section is underprocessed? How big is the section? If you can tame it without re-relaxing it do so. But if it is really bothering you and you don't believe that it will hurt the hair, go for it. I always start applying my relaxer in the crown area because that section of my head grows the fastest and is the most resistant to relaing.

I'm natural so I don't have any advice on the underprocessed question but just wanted to join in on your coming out party.
dance7.gif
party2.gif
dance7.gif
Welcome!

welcome to the board baby, its esp nice to see more british ppl joinin the forum enjoy and happy hair growin!!

Babyj, welcome!

[ QUOTE ]
Well to cut a long and sad story short, I got a touchup this weekend after a summer of protective styling, airdrying and above all NO heat! Well my hair now reaches my underarm in the back. It took me a while to get there due to the previously damaged hair that I had to gradually trim away over the past year. This was my first aim so I am so happy, as this gives me the confidence to continue with this hair journey. My ultimate aim is bra strap length and I only have 3 inches to go!

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations!
weird.gif
Success stories keep me inspired.

As for the underprocessed hair, I don't relax my hair but quite a few of the ladies here do. Hopefully, you will get more suggestions on this. Otherwise, if you do a search, you should find threads discussing underprocessing and suggestions/solutions/what didn't work in them.

Good luck!

Thanks Ladies!
party.gif
you really know how to welcome a sister!

Karezone: The underprocessed section is not very big so I guess I will just leave it alone as it is still managable. I started applying the relaxer from the back of my head, I think this is why it was underprocessed in the front section. I will definitely take on board your suggestion of beginning the application at the front.
smile.gif

I look forward to posting more often on this board and keeping you all updated.
Rose.gif

Welcome Babyj
wave.gif
and congratulations on your progress!
clap.gif
And...I agree with Karezone.
smile.gif

Back