I'm Coming Out! (Newbie+Progess+Pics)

QuinEE

Hello Ladies! I am finally posting my progress pictures after lurking for a year. I relaxed my hair at 16 (much to my mothers horror) and in about a week I went from BSB to:
IMG_0344.jpg

I kept going to the same stylist for an entire year until this happened:nono::
burn.jpg

That was the last straw for me, especially since I had told her repeatedly that my scalp was burning and she refused to take it out, saying “it wasn’t ready yet.”:nono:

So one day when I was looking for information to help my mom regrow her hair after undergoing two surgeries, I stumpled across bhm and I think it was one of the newbie pinned post where I learned that a relaxer is not supposed to be applied from root to tip:nono: and that was me, every six weeks for a year. Then after hearing so much about “the stuck-up ladies of lhcf” I peeked my head in and decided to stay.:drunk:

Pre - LHCF
July082-1.jpg
July 2008

I started my regimen in Sept of last year when I started the C&G Method. It was also my first stretch. When I was 12 weeks post I took down my braids and flat ironed my hair and marked the start of my journey.
S6303126-1.jpg
Nov 2008

I ended my stretch at 16 weeks, but I didn’t take pictures for that. My next stretch lasted for 12 weeks.
S6303406-1.jpg
March 2009

My stretch after that was 20 weeks, but I made a boo boo and decided to go to six flags right after my hair appointment. By the time I got home(:nono:) but I did manage to take pictures a few days after.
S6304096-1.jpg
Aug 2009

This is when everything gets rocky. My regimen was pretty solid

Wash Weekly
Protein Once A Week (Aphogee 2 min)
Deep Condition (Moisture) every week
Aphogee 2 Step every 5 weeks
Moisturize & Seal every 2 days
Blow dry every week

During my 20 week stretch I cut out the weekly blow drying and cut it down to once a month. Afterward I somehow got the bright idea that my hair really didn’t need weekly protein and took it away. She freaked out! I also stopped moisturizing every day and pretty much only did it when I felt like it. And I switched from Garnier Fructis to Hair One Olive Oil, but I hate that dang pump so I think I’m going to try Organix Coconut Milk, trying to stay sulfate free.

I just ended another 16 week stretch yesterday and ended up having to get 2 inches of hair cut off so my Dec BSB dreams were shattered. That’s what happens when you don’t listen to your hair.
S6304607-1.jpg

S6304638-1.jpg

So now I think I will:

Wash Weekly
Co-Wash Once A Week
Protein Once A Week (Aphogee 2 min)
Deep Condition (Moisture) Once A Week
Aphogee 2 Step every 5 weeks
Moisturize & Seal every 2 days
Blow dry once a month.

I have all of my staples except my moisturizer. I think that my hair prefers water based opposed to creamy. I completely neglected my ends this time around and plan on protective styling for the next 16 weeks.

Beautiful progress, and don't worry about the set-back. The same thing happened to me a little while after I started lurking here. I thought I had my reggie together, and what did I decide to do? Change it, and the breakage began. Only a few months later, I'm back to where I started, and better. So, keep hope, and, let me not forget ...

:welcome4:

Your hair is looking good! Taking care of your hair is like dieting and excercise, if you start slipping it shows. Keep up the good work and progress!

Wow that was fast! I didn't expect replies so soon. I was so afraid I would be ignored. Thanks ladies!

Hello and welcome to LHCF,

Just a note you don't have to do the Aphogee 2 step like clock work use as needed, you'll learn through reading to let your senses guide you to what your hair needs. Your hair will speak to you buy acting out and it's like a infant, can't talk but will through a fit when your not listening, and we here don't like that. LOL!

Great progress and Good Luck through your Journey, join one of the challenges so you can stay motivated through others trying to get to the same destination. :)

Wow that was fast! I didn't expect replies so soon. I was so afraid I would be ignored. Thanks ladies!

You have progress pictures so of course you won't be ignored. Lovely progress and welcome aboard. Consistency and benign neglect is the key for me. Be careful with that blowdryer though make sure your heat protectant covers all your hair when you use it.

Welcome lady! As long as you have (pics) you will always get a response.

Oh and "the stuck up lhcf" was soooooo funny to me! I have never been accused of being stuck up on in the "in" crowd so that just made be chuckle. Its all good though.

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!:yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

Back