I'm back! Few ?s about sew/clip in extensions...

aileenadq

Hi Ladies,

Well, I had my back surgery last week and I'm recovering now at Mom's.

I trimmed my hair (about 1 1/2 inch to 2 inches) prior to my surgery. Now I'm seriously thinking about, um, "enhancing" what I have by a few tracks across the back of my head for 1) thickness and 2) a little bit more length, maybe an inch or two.

I'm wondering, for you ladies that have sew ins, how you manage the two textures. What methods do you use to dry your hair. Are you still able to rollerset and flat iron? I would be using human hair, of course.

Also, how do you get a good match to your own texture (the human hair I saw came in a vareity of textures, from fine to very coarse. The color will be an easy thing for me, since I have truly black hair.

Can any of you offer pros and cons with regard to sew ins vs. clip ins? I have some concerns that the clips will damage my hair or yank it out when wearing. Also, can you wear your hair up with the clip ins as easily as with the sew ins?

Also, for you ladies that have or had have both kinds: Do you feel that they offer protection in any way for your own hair? In what way?
Can you offer tips on blending?

I really appreciate any input! TIA!

Aileen

Last edited:
to match txture, all u really need to do is straighten your hair and see which matches closely with it. this is assuming youll be wearing it straight. and yes, its pretty easy to rolllerset and style it.

I luv to use clip in extensions when I need a change.
When I use them, I find that I don't need to comb out my own hair as much = less manipulation.
As far as blending, I am picky when it comes to that and found the exact match to my hair but which was also more pricey... here's the website if you're interested : http://www.extensions-plus.com
hth

Thank you all for your input. And thank you, Pokahontas for the sentiment. I think I'm going to order clip ins and have them trimmed to about 1-2 inches below my own hair.

Thanks again, all!

Aileen

Back