I’m A Teen! (mini Update)

Gr8ness83

Well... my hair is in the teens now! 13” Lol
I cannot remember the last time my hair measured in the teens. Not every area is in the teens but I’d say about 90% is. I can live with that! The other areas are not far behind and my hair is in a PS so I don’t even care.
I should be at or approaching 15” by my bday (Dec 21)

Well... my hair is in the teens now! 13” Lol
I cannot remember the last time my hair measured in the teens. Not every area is in the teens but I’d say about 90% is. I can live with that! The other areas are not far behind and my hair is in a PS so I don’t even care.
I should be at or approaching 15” by my bday (Dec 21)
Feels good doesn't it? Every milestone is so exhilarating to accomplish and have it behind you. On to the next one!!!!

Awesome, congratulations!

What PS are you in?

Loving #CelebrateEveryInch :spinning:

I have box braids in now. I have had my hair in crochet locs since Feb though. I know crochet styles are quicker to put in but u really do prefer having access to my scalp like I do in box braids and regular faux locs.
I am getting locs installed in Dec and my goal is to keep my current PS in until about a week or so before I get my locs installed. I redo the perimeter and the top. That’s actually how I saw how long my hair got. Lol

I have box braids in now. I have had my hair in crochet locs since Feb though. I know crochet styles are quicker to put in but u really do prefer having access to my scalp like I do in box braids and regular faux locs.
I am getting locs installed in Dec and my goal is to keep my current PS in until about a week or so before I get my locs installed. I redo the perimeter and the top. That’s actually how I saw how long my hair got. Lol

Do you do your own box braids?

Thanks! ok, as someone who's sat on both sides of the fence, I LOVE box braids and can easily install myself... but it takes 3 days now where before it used to take 8 hours :(

How long does it take to install/take down crochet braids please? TIA!

Thanks! ok, as someone who's sat on both sides of the fence, I LOVE box braids and can easily install myself... but it takes 3 days now where before it used to take 8 hours :(

How long does it take to install/take down crochet braids please? TIA!

I actually went to get these done because I didn't have the time or the energy to do them myself. I see that there is pre stretched braiding hair now though. I can do myself if I get pre stretched but if I have to do it all myself, I don't think I have the mental ability to wrestle with all that hair. I think it would take me much longer as I have a cyst on my left hand so I can't braid as fast for the length of time that I used to be able to do.

As far as crochet braids, it all depends on what you are doing. If you are doing singles, it will be longer than if you did a cornrow base.

Back