I'm a big idiot!!! (Trimming Mishap)

ms_kenesha

I\'m a big idiot!!! (Trimming Mishap)

I am a HUGE idiot. Okay, the tips of my hair is still dyed the T&T bronze, but I want it out because my hair that is un-dyed is much softer & shinier than my dyed hair. I really noticed this over the weekend because Thurs. night I twisted my hair with the Kemi and my twists were shiny and smooth but the dyed ends were fuzzy, unlike my non-fian.'s twist ends which are coily and not fuzzy. So, I figure it's the dyed ends since the rest of my hair is not acting this way.

So, yesterday I took down my twists and had planned to twist again. I did one flat twist in the front and snipped most of the colored end off, but it was TOO MUCH. So then I'm too lazy to twist my own hair so I fluff it up and randomly lay the scissors on and "trim", but I can't see the back middle of my hair so I don't do that portion. So all in all I've trimmed my sides, top of my head, and lower back portion of my head!
shocked.gif
I just hope that when I do my twists tonight (if I'm not being lazy) that my hair isn't a whole bunch of odd lengths.

Thanks for listening
laugh.gif

Re: I\'m a big idiot!!! (Trimming Mishap)

It sounds like you were giving yourself a haircut! I've done that to myself too many times before. NEVER again. Now trimming I can do.

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:
It sounds like you were giving yourself a haircut! I've done that to myself too many times before. NEVER again. Now trimming I can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

NEVER AGAIN for me either, I looked down in the sink and was like this is probably a month's growing
cry3.gif

if you were were trying to trim you baby fro, I would suggest going to a barber shop. I have seen it done and it gives a nice even trim for natural hair when the use the clippers. Just a suggestion for future trims.

I've learned my own lesson with taking matters into my own hands
frown.gif

Maybe it was for the best if your ends weren't healthy anyway. Years ago I dyed the ends of my hair and it was a disaster. Dry as straw. I tried cutting off the 2-3 inches of dyed hair, but there was still so much left over. So I got a semi and that solved a problem. I would never go through that again. But I went through something similiar when I was transitioning. I got so tired of the relaxed hair I went crazy and cut it all off. It was a disaster, but I felt better. ;-)

[ QUOTE ]
aikaa71 said:
if you were were trying to trim you baby fro, I would suggest going to a barber shop. I have seen it done and it gives a nice even trim for natural hair when the use the clippers. Just a suggestion for future trims.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scared of barbers
shocked.gif

They like to cut and cut just like SHS and now that I plan to wear my hair mainly in twists I don't want them trying to "edge me up" and all that stuff they like to do
laugh.gif

Awww you'll get it back Ms. K....

Do you think doing a blowout on you might help when you want to trim so the shrinkage doesn't fool you into thinking you aren't cutting too much? Do you feel shrinkage was a problem? Whenever we cut my Momma's hair (natural 4a/b) we blow it out so I can see exactly what needs trimming....
I think trimming on your own is still your best bet - so don't give up on that....but I feel your pain. I did the same a few weeks ago. Just lopped off an inch and a half of hair in desperation....
nono.gif

[ QUOTE ]
so1913 said:
I've learned my own lesson with taking matters into my own hands
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I refuse to trim my own hair after screwing up twice. I can make a nice bang though.
smile.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
Awww you'll get it back Ms. K....

Do you think doing a blowout on you might help when you want to trim so the shrinkage doesn't fool you into thinking you aren't cutting too much? Do you feel shrinkage was a problem? Whenever we cut my Momma's hair (natural 4a/b) we blow it out so I can see exactly what needs trimming....
I think trimming on your own is still your best bet - so don't give up on that....but I feel your pain. I did the same a few weeks ago. Just lopped off an inch and a half of hair in desperation....
nono.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Tracy
kiss.gif

I was thinking that last night, that if I had blown it out it would be easier for me to gage, but I'm on my own personal no heat for 1 year challenge :/

I know that my non-fian get's his hair trimmed while it's in twists and that's what I had planned on doing before I got too lazy to twist all my hair.
grin.gif
The first cut was just me being RE-DUCK-U-LOUS and fed up with my colored ends.
laugh.gif

Back