I'm a believer!

Serei

I\'m a believer!

It has been exactly two weeks since I began my new vitamins and ten days since I got my braids and I have 1/2 inch of new growth. This is a HUGE deal for me. I was NEVER able to get more than 3/4 of an inch a month no matter what I did! I really hope this continues because that would put me at shoulder length by January which I would LOVE! The only thing is, I am taking large doses of MSM as a part of my detox and if that played the biggest part in my growth spurt, I may not get my wish.
frown.gif
My detox finally ends tomorrow and I will be glad to not have to choke that disgusting powder down for another season. Either way, I really do think the detox helped because even with Bargello's regimen I never saw results this fast!

Re: I\'m a believer!

Army, I am following this detox:

First Week:
20-30 grams MSM/day

Second Week:
10-20 grams MSM daily.

Add 1/2 teaspoon MSM per 12 ounces of water. Drink at least four 12 ounce glasses of MSM water, spread throughout the day before 6 p.m. This is a total of 8 grams MSM. Additional MSM can be supplemented through capsules.

Therapeutic Maintenance
Take 2-10 grams MSM daily.

Way to go, Serei!
up.gif

I need to start taking my vitamins again. I've just been so lazy...
spank.gif

congrats! i'm a little new and i just started a vitamin regimen. this is a big inspiration. thanks and keep it up girl!

[ QUOTE ]
Serei said:
Army, I am following this detox:

First Week:
20-30 grams MSM/day

Second Week:
10-20 grams MSM daily.

Add 1/2 teaspoon MSM per 12 ounces of water. Drink at least four 12 ounce glasses of MSM water, spread throughout the day before 6 p.m. This is a total of 8 grams MSM. Additional MSM can be supplemented through capsules.

Therapeutic Maintenance
Take 2-10 grams MSM daily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I'm a little confused about this...

I have Puritan's Pride brand MSM Powder. One dose is 1/2 Teaspoon which is 3.25 grams, however, that yields 2,600mg of MSM.

For the first week am I supposed to take between 7-10 1/2 teaspoon dosages? That's between 18,200-26,000mg of MSM.

Tebby

I think you are supposed to convert the 2,600mg into grams. Like one half teaspoon is 2.6 grams. That means one teaspoon is 5.2 grams meaning you would need amount 4-6 teaspoons a day. Er, I think. You may need to double check the math but that is how it is done.

This is so confusing...I read today that you can OD on MSM and I REALLY don't want to do that!!

Tebby

you cant od on msm it is a natural sulphur present in our fresh frutis and vegetables. leftover msm just goes into hair and nails. and this is a fact.

That's not what I read.

According to the article, high doses can cause you to detox too quickly and cause other problems. Also, if you OD and don't drink enough water, the materials that have been detoxified will sit in you body.

Today, however, was the first time that I ever knew you could OD on MSM.

Tebby

I'm sorry, but I couldn't find the article. When I get to work tomorrow, maybe it will still be on my computer there.

Tebby

Back