I'm 6 Months Post

*Happily Me*

and I'm taking it 1 day at a time.

I think about texlaxing a lot, but i really don't want to.

My hair is damaged and i'm trying to nurse it back to health. Last October, my hair loc'ed and i had to cut 5 thick pieces out of my hair.

anyway, this is where i am.

this is how i usually wear my hair now. (not my boyfriend.. just an old friend from the hood) LOL

eg37ro.jpg

Here is my just washed naked hair. this used to be my 'thinner' side. and yah, i gotta cut my sideburns. lol. so lazy...

2z9brjd.jpg

More pics coming...

the back of the 'better side', which is the right side

2v0yand.jpg

this is the left side. In the past, it made the other side look thin. Now it's broken off and growing out. one day at a time...

2iasmcn.jpg

the shameful back.

zk5q8m.jpg

i feel off my regimen and wasn't detangling PLUS i was conditioner washing every day. It loc'ed at the friggin root then i had to cut out pieces.

I texlaxed in Jan and 1 side broke off a bit. grrrr

my right side is a lil past WL and the left side is between BSL and WS.

I'm not cutting. and if i transition it's going to be a looong one.

Hey D..u have any more pics of the back??
the sides still look so thick and full to me.
are u saying u had some breakage from the relaxer? after relaxing last time?

Your hair is still lovely. Keep up the good work. You are the reason I started texlaxing.

I am so sorry to hear about your setback. But your hair is still thick and full. I know that you will get your hair back in shape with a little time and effort. Your hair is still beautiful to me.

:bighug:

i feel off my regimen and wasn't detangling PLUS i was conditioner washing every day. It loc'ed at the friggin root then i had to cut out pieces.

I texlaxed in Jan and 1 side broke off a bit. grrrr

Ouch! I was going to ask if you were combing your hair regularly. Do you still conditioner wash now, or do you have specific wash days where you can take the time to detangle?

I think washing with a clarifying shampoo would help.

Last edited:
Call me crazy but your hair still looks good. Your hair is hella thick and I can't tell but you know your hair. I wish you luck in transitioning but dang.....I'm feeling a certain kinda way. :cry: I just love your hair is all. Don't mind me.

you can really see where i had to cut (by how thin it is) and where it's broken off because one side is clearly shorter than the other.

and the side that's short was my super thick side. :cry:

this is the left side

9h7zit.jpg

Right side:

2d2c4es.jpg

the back. and this is why i have to wear my hair swooped to the side. (i love wet hair pics. it tells you the truth IMO)

the SHAME. and i'm NOT BCing. when my hair is dry you cannot tell as much...

2dhic7q.jpg

In 2 ponytails. see the breakage?

35iztp0.jpg

Last edited:
ETA: I definitely see the breakage, but your root are so thick and beautiful. Looks like you are already back on track!

OT: are those your real eyelashes?

Last edited:
Hey D..u have any more pics of the back??
the sides still look so thick and full to me.
are u saying u had some breakage from the relaxer? after relaxing last time?

it's still thick at the top, but my ends have thinned out. then i noticed some sections were shorter - not the pieces i had to cut out.

my last relaxer was in Jan so i can only assume that that relaxer broke off my hair. I have no other explanation

Last edited:
Ouch! I was going to ask if you were combing your hair regularly. Do you still conditioner wash now, or do you have specific wash days where you can take the time to detangle?

I think washing with a clarifying shampoo would help.

i work out hard and I sweat a lot so i HAVE to wash my hair often. I used to conditioner wash every day or every other day. Now i do it twice a week.

I feel yucky. but i have to stay on top on detangling. I comb my hair at least twice a week now and finger comb just about every day. I use a clarifying shampoo often enough :yep:

(((hugs))) I've been following your progress on here a long while. You are one of the LHCF queens. We all love you and your hair and I just hate to see you suffer such a major setback. But like you said, one day at a time. You will be back, no doubt at all. I don't think you will have to go natural unless you really want to. The culprit I believe was the not combing and the subsequent locing. Your hair was probably just too weak at the time for the relaxer. Hang in there and keep your head up, okay? Keep your hair in cute updo's and try not to look at or think too much about the damage. You're going to be okay :kiss:.

thanks Hopeful.

When I curl my hair or do braid outs, it's not as noticeable... it is to me because i know how full my hair used to be from root to tip, but to others, not so much...

one day at a time. I'll see how it goes.. I have a 2 boxes of Precise in the cabinet in case i change my mind.. LOL

I do see the breakage in the wet hair pictures, but you can do like Sylver 2 and do a one year stretch to get your hair back on track. You are already half way there. Or you can texlax now and your hair will look better once you are done.

Ok I see it now but these are pics 6 months post right? Wouldn't your ends look thinner because of the newgrowth? My ends look think when I stretch that long. If you were to texlax it wouldn't look like that afterwards would it?

Gurl I'm in denial as you can see!

I do see the breakage in the wet hair pictures, but you can do like Sylver 2 and do a one year stretch to get your hair back on track. You are already half way there. Or you can texlax now and your hair will look better once you are done.

I'll see, one day at a time.

Ok I see it now but these are pics 6 months post right? Wouldn't your ends look thinner because of the newgrowth? My ends look think when I stretch that long. If you were to texlax it wouldn't look like that afterwards would it?

Gurl I'm in denial as you can see!

yes, but my hair has definitely broken off.

Back