I'm 100% sold

swtpea

On CURLFORMERS! I have used them twice. Currently, I am using the long and skinny Curlformers, but this morning I purchased the extra long and wide. My hair is about 1.2 inches past APL straight, but shrinks to above shoulder length with the formers. I'm 14+ months post my last relaxer. I'm fully translating, but without the BC. By my calculations, it will take me nearly 3 years to transition.

Ok, now after all that, what products do you ladies use with your Curlformers? I've tried baby buttercream and curly pudding. My hair smelled amazing, and my curl held for the whole week, and probably could have made it 2. Downside, my hair felt like there was a little residue. Not hard, just a lingering residue. I did not use a lot. Maybe about 1.5 tbl onmy entire hair, which is really thick,

The second time, I used (don't kil me) lotta body, diluted with water. My curls held, and my edges were so smooth that I could have passed as a relaxed head.

Preferably, I would like something to give me great hold, help the curlformers define my curl, but leave my hair really soft.

At night, I apply pure Argan oil, concentrating on my ends, then tuck my curls into a bonnet. My hair is really healthy (praise the Lord), but I would love for it to be really soft. Any suggestions on what could make my curls shiny, soft, smooth, AND provide hold for at least a week? I have Lacio Lacio, but havent ever tried it. Sorry, I wrote so much. I find it hard to be concise.

Thanks ladies! I know you ladies will have the answer!

http://s1149.photobucket.com/albums/o591/Swtpea10/Curlformers/

Last edited:
On CURLFORMERS! I have used them twice. Currently, I am using the long and skinny Curlformers, but this morning I purchased the extra long and wide. My hair is about 1.2 inches past APL straight, but shrinks to above shoulder length with the formers. I'm 14+ months post my last relaxer. I'm fully translating, but without the BC. By my calculations, it will take me nearly 3 years to transition.

Ok, now after all that, what products do you ladies use with your Curlformers? I've tried baby buttercream and curly pudding. My hair smelled amazing, and my curl held for the whole week, and probably could have made it 2. Downside, my hair felt like there was a little residue. Not hard, just a lingering residue. I did not use a lot. Maybe about 1.5 tbl onmy entire hair, which is really thick,

The second time, I used (don't kil me) lotta body, diluted with water. My curls held, and my edges were so smooth that I could have passed as a relaxed head.

Preferably, I would like something to give me great hold, help the curlformers define my curl, but leave my hair really soft.

At night, I apply pure Argan oil, concentrating on my ends, then tuck my curls into a bonnet. My hair is really healthy (praise the Lord), but I would love for it to be really soft. Any suggestions on what could make my curls shiny, soft, smooth, AND provide hold for at least a week? I have Lacio Lacio, but havent ever tried it. Sorry, I wrote so much. I find it hard to be concise.

Thanks ladies! I know you ladies will have the answer!

bump, bump, bump!!!! looking to invest in some curlformers!
Which size to you prefer better OP?

thnaks

bump, bump, bump!!!! looking to invest in some curlformers!
Which size to you prefer better OP?

thnaks

I promise, Curlformers are the truth. They are super simple to put in. Totally worth the investment. I purchased 10 packs of the long & narrow. There are 6 in a pack. I used approx 56. My hair is very thick though. The long and narrow did not give me a spiral curl like a flexirod. They did even better! The gave my hair a very natural wavy curl. Everyone assumed I just did a wash & go. Lol, if they only knew that my natural curl is not that pretty.

Now, since my hair is longer, in between APL and brastrap, I had to start putting in the Curlformers about an inch or so down from my scalp in some areas. This allowed my ends to get curls too.

I'm so in love with these things that today I purchased 10 packs online from Sally's of the extra long and wide. I also purchased another rod so that the process would go faster.

Now, the most amazing part of all is the fact that my hair dried in 30 min under the dryer. The Curlformers are mesh, so air flows very easily through. It usually takes me over an hour to dry under a hooded dryer.

Look at the website Curlformers.com, and you will see the various shapes. Buying curlers that are longer than your hair is ok.

Got any pics?

I'm sorry, I'm on my iPad and I don't have pics. I'm not at home. However, there are tons of videos on YouTube. The videos show every roller size being used on every hair type.

Now, when you watch the videos you will think "this is too easy". In actuality, this is just that easy. If you do try this and feel pain then you're doing something wrong. Stop, do not pass go! When done properly, which is very easy to do, you will not pull your hair out or cause pain. If it gets stuck, just use smaller sections of hair.

I will update with my pics when I get a chance. If you google Curlformers, the go to the image gallery you will see tons of pics. I promise that the pics and the videos are completely on point as to what you can expect. HTH :grin:

I'm sorry, I'm on my iPad and I don't have pics. I'm not at home. However, there are tons of videos on YouTube. The videos show every roller size being used on every hair type.

Now, when you watch the videos you will think "this is too easy". In actuality, this is just that easy. If you do try this and feel pain then you're doing something wrong. Stop, do not pass go! When done properly, which is very easy to do, you will not pull your hair out or cause pain. If it gets stuck, just use smaller sections of hair.

I will update with my pics when I get a chance. If you google Curlformers, the go to the image gallery you will see tons of pics. I promise that the pics and the videos are completely on point as to what you can expect. HTH :grin:

I've used them before, I just like to see how they work on other hair and the way you described it sounded so pretty! They actually worked really well on my coarse hair, but I'm the type that hates sitting under the dryer and air drying will take forever so I ended up tossing my set, I had poked holes in a lot of them anyways. :nono: But now I sort of wanna give them another try since they're the only things that could get most my hair straight and I didn't have to flat iron the roots. My hair is super coarse and the more its grown, the harder it's gotten to get it in curlformers.

Any issues with breakage pulling the hair through?

How do they work for longer hair?

No maam. There is no breakage. If you are doing the process incorrectly you will feel your hair pulling. I'm Very tender-headed, and Curlformers don't hurt me. If used correctly, your hair will easily slip through the curler. The rod just guides the hair through.

Bump! Does anyone have any suggestions as to a leave-in or cream or curl pudding I can use for my sets that will provide a good hold & give me super soft hair? How is lacio lacio?

In my SIggy is my curlformer set from last week. I use the Extra Long and Wide. I forgot to use anything but will be using LottaBody diluted 1 to 5 ratio next time. I am extremly tenderheaded and putting in caused no issues or pulling or breakage! It left me with the MOST AWESOME set! I love it! LOVE IT! LOVE it! I do!

In my SIggy is my curlformer set from last week. I use the Extra Long and Wide. I forgot to use anything but will be using LottaBody diluted 1 to 5 ratio next time. I am extremly tenderheaded and putting in caused no issues or pulling or breakage! It left me with the MOST AWESOME set! I love it! LOVE IT! LOVE it! I do!

Beautiful hair! I purchased the extra long & wide today. I'm also very tender headed, but the Curlformers caused no pain, and more importantly no breakage. I haven't worn my hair down yet. I purposely want my curls tight because my curls make my buns cuter:grin: I'm on a 6 month no direct heat, low manipulation, and protective style challenge. Curlformers are a life saver!

Thank YOU :grin: @swtpea awesome :)
I can say sleeping it them was horrid but worth it LOL
I am over 7 months post myself and the style was nothing but beautiful :)
I can't wait untile they have the extra long in other sizes giving me more options :)
You can try using the ORS twist and loc gel, it offers a soft hold, Also the Keracare wrap foam, Silk Elments Foam, these are some of the things I will be using as well as my Wen Styling cream :)

How I am doing it is half and half, I am using half my head with one thing and half with the other so I can see which side holds better looks better in the long run.

My next time I will use the Lotta Body on one side and the Ors twist and loc on the other side.

Then take pictures at the time and a few days into to give a better review. I don't pick them apart right away and will spray them with a light coat of holding spray to make sure it last. :-)

I NEED some of these. I've never seen bad results on natural, relaxed, short or long hair. It just works for everybody it seems.

I NEED some of these. I've never seen bad results on natural, relaxed, short or long hair. It just works for everybody it seems.

I wish I could give everyone in the world Curlformers. Black, white, straight, curly, permed, relaxed, tall, short, rich and poor! :lachen: ok, maybe it's not that deep, but they are amazing and seem to work for everyone.

I've been using the long and extra wide curlformers for about six months. My natural, 4a hair straightens nicely with them, and I am also completely satisfied with my purchase. To answer your question, OP, I use light, cream based leave-in conditioners and add aloe vera, castor oil, jojoba oil, and olive oil. This combination is natural and has provided me with smoothest curl former sets to date.

I currently rotate between Giovanni Direct Leave-In, Curl Junkie Beauticurls Leave-In, and KCKT. Sometimes I will add Aveda Smooth Infusion for good measure. My hair is soft and shiny for at least three to four days days without having to re-moisturize. I wear a twist out around the third day (after sitting under my plug-in heat cap) and usually acheive my best stretched twist outs with curlformers. Most people think I am rocking a shiney roller set!

I am trying to be more consistent and am putting myself on a six month curlfomers personal challenge. I want to see how much length I retain using my curlformers weekly. As a matter of fact, maybe I will start a forum-wide curlformers challenge (my first). I hope this was helpful!

I've been using the long and extra wide curlformers for about six months. My natural, 4a hair straightens nicely with them, and I am also completely satisfied with my purchase. To answer your question, OP, I use light, cream based leave-in conditioners and add aloe vera, castor oil, jojoba oil, and olive oil. This combination is natural and has provided me with smoothest curl former sets to date.

I currently rotate between Giovanni Direct Leave-In, Curl Junkie Beauticurls Leave-In, and KCKT. Sometimes I will add Aveda Smooth Infusion for good measure. My hair is soft and shiny for at least three to four days days without having to re-moisturize. I wear a twist out around the third day (after sitting under my plug-in heat cap) and usually acheive my best stretched twist outs with curlformers. Most people think I am rocking a shiney roller set!

I am trying to be more consistent and am putting myself on a six month curlfomers personal challenge. I want to see how much length I retain using my curlformers weekly. As a matter of fact, maybe I will start a forum-wide curlformers challenge (my first). I hope this was helpful!

Let me know of you start the challenge. I'm on a personal 6 month no heat challenge. :yep: I'd love to join.

I love my curlformers;) Especially the extra wide and long. I wish they came in extra wide and extra long because i am growing my hair out to at least WL. I noticed the closer I get to my scalp they straighter (almost flat iron like) my roots get:) I don't loose much hair while doing this. Last week it was about a quarter sized ball loosely rolled. I use a leave (ASIAN or PM The Conditioner), Setting Lotion (lottabody diluted if I want them to last all week; KeraCare foam if I want them to last my usual weekend); and a oil WG pomade. I am pretty lighted handed with this stuff so my curls are juicy.

Let me know of you start the challenge. I'm on a personal 6 month no heat challenge. :yep: I'd love to join.

I started the challenge under the fitting title "Curlformers Challenge." Lol. Anyone interested is welcome to join! I am excited to start a consistent curlformers regimen :yep:

I use the fakes sold on Amazon, and love them. They work just as well, at a fraction of the price. I bought two packs when I had EL hair, and they still work for my now SL hair. I don't use them as a PS, because they are a Pain to sleep in...but if there is a party or function I happily sleep in them, because my hair is always comes out perfect.

Back