If your ends are dry, but not split do you still cut them?

The Savvy Sistah

I'm natural and I've noticed my ends look really dry, however I can't find any split ends.

I don't want to cut my hair if I don't have to.

What should I do to get them back healthy?

Heck naw I wouldn't cut my hair just because it was dry.

I'd clarify, moisturize, and keep them protected. I'd also stay away from products with ingredients that can cause dryness to be on the safe side.

No way. Up your moisture. When this happens to me, I break out the baggy for about a week and I'm good.

I don't cut my ends unless I absolutely have to. How are you moisturizing and sealing your ends? I find that when I use my moisture spritz followed by my castor oil blend, my ends stay much happier and don't look dry at all. I tried to use lighter oils, but found that my ends need the heavier oils on them to keep them from splitting and looking raggedy.

I agree with clarify,moisturize and baggy . Provided you are not in a cold and or dry climate, try glycerin with the moisturizer.

Heck naw I wouldn't cut my hair just because it was dry.

I'd clarify, moisturize, and keep them protected. I'd also stay away from products with ingredients that can cause dryness to be on the safe side.

I agree.

As long as my ends weren't split or see through I wouldnt cut them. Maybe I'd do a light dusting but I would try to baby them first before I break out the scissors.

I moisturize and then seal my ends with a heavy butter and/or oil (castor oil/coconut oil mix). I thought it at first it would be too heavy but it actually works great in keeping my ends moisturized and my ends just soak it up. I usually do it at night and by morning my hair has absorbed it and my ends are nice and moisturized.

So to answer your question no I would not cut them.

Nope, I wouldn't cut them either. If that was the solution, I wouldn't have any hair (yet again). If it's not split, then there's hope for it. :yep:

Thanks everyone! This is all good advice and things I did in the past. (baggying, castor oil, co-washing) My hair was getting to mushy so I started doing more protein treatments. I just have to learn to balance the moisture and protein I put in my hair.

I think I'm going to do my deep conditions every week and not every two weeks. And only do protein treatments when I need them and not on a schedule.

I guess I have to get back to the basics!

Back