If you have had your hair thinned out, share here

OMG, he just reached it and cut a lock of hair. I thought I was gonna pass out.

BUT I did here him mention a product called Curl Keeper. has anyone heard of it or used it?

mwedzi,
Your hair is like DD hair and I can understand your wanting to do something to thin it out but I wouldn't do this method. As much as I love love love your natural hair, I'd rather you just texlax/relax/press it for a while just to switch it up.

The growout can't be all that good because basically you'll have short chopped off looking pieces. No matter how well they do it, it has to grow and those same exact pieces would be hard to maintain precisely

I screamed when he cut the hair! Mwedzi you have gorgeous hair, and although we don't have to deal with it, we appreciate the finished look. I'm not one to advice a person to relax or go natural for frivolous reasons BUT if you must do something to that gorgeous mane of your let it NOT include the use of any cutting device. PLEASE!

I just about passed out when I saw him slice that woman's hair like that. Right down to the scalp. I think that is just crazy. Why not just get a short hair cut if you can't handle the thickness or weight of the hair?

I used thinning shears many years ago:
55df3df48df2e25b_thinning-shears.jpg

It was a mistake, because even though it looked good in the beginning, the new growth was very thick compared to the lengths.

I don't know what your hair is like Mwedzi, but my hair acts different depending on what length it is, so the short hair and the long hair was completely different. It took around 2 years before it was back to normal, when the short hair had grown out a bit.

Also, hair thins out naturally with age (for most people) so it will get easier in time! I had the thickest hair as a teen and in my 20's, but nowadays it's not at all as thick.

Oh, I'd like to add that I cut my own hair, so perhaps the result would have been better if I had gone to a professional. :lol:

I like layers in natural hair, that makes it thinned out in a nicer way.

I had the same experience, except a stylist cut my hair:look:. She used those same scissors as well. I liked it at first but quickly grew to hate it. I would not get my hair thinned again.

...For the love of God Mwedzi, don't do it!

My friend (3a curls) had her hair thinned at a japanese salon. They essentially razor-ed small sections towards the roots. It looked good and she said her hair was way more manageable. But as soon as she wore it naturally curly and it started growing out, it was a different story. She had a problem with the different lengths cause when she slicked her hair back the shor pieces would curl up and wouldn't catch in the bun

I just about passed out when I saw him slice that woman's hair like that. Right down to the scalp. I think that is just crazy. Why not just get a short hair cut if you can't handle the thickness or weight of the hair?
her hair isn't even that thick or big:nono:

Back