If u were startin over, what would u do differently?

SequinsAndAbsinthe

Hi, i'm a newbie and this is my first post. I'm live in Yorkshire in England where there is a scarcity of good afro hairdressers:(, so i do my hair myself. I have a virgin afro hair but wanna go straight. My hair is about 6 inches short so i can't do crazy stuff with...

If u were starting afresh, what would u do now that u didn't think to/ didn't know about before? I wanna get into a good routine before i get to Sweden, cuz i think it'll be even harder when i get there!!!

Tiifa said:
Hi, i'm a newbie and this is my first post. I'm live in Yorkshire in England where there is a scarcity of good afro hairdressers:(, so i do my hair myself. I have a virgin afro hair but wanna go straight. My hair is about 6 inches short so i can't do crazy stuff with...

If u were starting afresh, what would u do now that u didn't think to/ didn't know about before? I wanna get into a good routine before i get to Sweden, cuz i think it'll be even harder when i get there!!!
My hair is 5inches LONG :p, you should try to do some flat twists in the front and bantu knots in the back and than takin' 'em out the next day=BEAUTIFUL. What I would do differently? Not sure, I've done all kinds of things to my hair, but I don't really regret them, it looked good at the time...until the hair started fallin' off:-(. LOVE BEING NATURAL NOW THOUGH haha

I've been on my journey for 1 year and my hair is now shorter than when I started. All my pre-journey hair had to go. This time, I'm not doing protective styles. I love wearing my hair down. I wore it a bun all this year and I still had to chop it. So no more...

Other than that I have no regrets and I'm going to do everything else exactly the same...
KeraPhix, Aveda DR, henna, keracare, amla oil.

Last edited:
I would never have relaxed my hair but I am too scared to transition cause I am terrified of cutting my hair

sexyaqr said:
I would never have relaxed my hair but I am too scared to transition cause I am terrified of cutting my hair

These are my sentiments exactly! If I had to do it all over again, I never would have relaxed, but I would love to transition now but just too afraid to do the big chop.

And let me add, girl your hair is 6 inches LONG!!! I would do as one of the previous posters recommended and do the twist out styles and braid outs. A lot of the naturals here have great tutorials in their fotkis and with a little time and patience, you will get great results.

Good Luck!

I probably wouldn't have relaxed. If I did I would have taken better care of it. Wash, deep condition, rollerset...thats it

Back