If I like Oyin Hair Dew, what might I like next? Suggestions please.

Smiley79

My Oyin Hair Dew will be finishing in the next few weeks, and althought I had a great experience with it, I am open to try something else*. (I put myself on a Use 1 Buy 1 plan to curb my PJism:smirk:) So since my hair responded pretty well to the Hair Dew, what other moisturizers might I like?

*I tried the SheaMoisture Milk and it did nothing for my hair; it left my hair feeling dry the next morning. I don't think that line of products is for me. All I get is dryness. :nono: So now i'm still in the market for a good product for when I'm doing my twists. In the meantime, since my hair is still so short, I'm just rolling with my whipped shea butter.:yep:

:think:Hmmm, maybe we should start a thread like this. "If you liked ____, then you might like ______"

I love Oyin Hair Dew and these worked as well:
PBN Murumuru Milk
Darcy's Cocoa Bean smoothing

Thanks. Yea, I'm thinking that I should order another Hair Dew just to have on hand! I'll see what they have going on Black Friday.:sekret:

Silk Dreams Wheat Germ Butter Condish as a leave-in. I keep SD WGBC and Hair Dew in rotation. I'll be getting a liter of Hair Dew on BF.

CJ COFFEE-COCO CURL CREME - LITE

I like both products but I couldn't handle their scents.

I think that I liked the hair dew more than the CJ but they are comparable.

I agree with the suggestion of DB cocoa bean smoothing cream too.

It may be the behentrimonium methosulfate inside of the the hair dew.

After reading the make up mixtress thread i was thinking about breaking down the best of the best products and just seeing what i should gravitate towards

Here is an article i just came across http://www.curlynikki.com/2009/04/conditioners-containing-behentrimonium.html

Oh good info! Didn't know this. This is the second ingredient after purified water in the Obia Moisture Cream that I'm using. I like Dew as well, maybe I should be paying more attention to this ingredient!

Oyin Hair Dew is my favorite leave in by far. I agree, behentrimonium methosulfate keeps my hair moisturized and soft like no other. I like most any product that has this high up in the ingredients (maybe that's why I've always sung the praises of Miss Jessie's, even though I thought I may get flogged).

I really like Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Lite. That's the only leave-in I can think of off the top of my head that I like almost as much as OHD and doesn't have that ingredient (if you're curious to know how different ingredients work for you). FYI, I have thick, fine hair.

You might like the Califia Moisturizing Spray from Komaza. It's a natural product and still gives my hair the same feeling as Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Mist without being all sticky. I wanted something similar to the jherri curl juices but natural and Komaza is it for me.

Thank so much for the great suggestions! I better watch what I wish for, now I want to try so many, lol! :)

So I've realized that my hair loves Oyin Hair Dew on dry hair...Not wet hair. I want to change my question and direct it to use on wet hair. Are any of the product recommendations above good as a leave in on wet hair because I need a good leave in for my wash and gos that I'm starting to do more often now. (I have tried using my regular conditioner as a leave in but I do not like the way my hair feels afterwards.) I would love the same effect that Hair Dew gives me. Any ideas?

*I ordered a sample size of the Qhemet Burdock, root but I plan to use this on dry hair for twist outs.

So I received my sample of the Qhemet Burdock cream today. I decided to do a nice DC on my hair this evening and I went ahead and tried the Burdock root on my damp hair. It felt pretty good. It made my hair feel very easy to manage without feeling greasy. I will see how it feels in the morning. So far im pleased. I find the Hair Dew makes my hair softer but I like that thr qhemet worked well on my damp hair. I flat twisted.my hair for the first time so we'll see how it goes.

Id still like to try some other options just to compare.

Smiley79

darcy botanicals daily leave in or lemongrass transitioning cream

komaza care coconut curl lotion or shea butter lotion (if you need a referral code mine is T4ZJUSF2, but her black friday sale is likely to be a larger percentage off)

hydroquench systems greaseless moisture

claudies revitalizer quinoa-coffee balancing, isha cream, or balancing ends insurance

To those of you who love oyin hair dew, is there cream for twists any good. Im in desperate search for a product that I can use for my twists. I did not like Shea Moisture and I have been using whipped shea butter but I find it too greasy.

I didnt like the qhemet burdock root either...it didnt do much in my opinion. Im really looking for a product that can give me great definition but the softness of hair dew. :)

Smiley79 Do you do the LCO method? If so, then you'll love the following combination:
Oyin Hair Dew + Oyin Whipped Pudding + GSO = :lick:

Your braid outs, BKOs, and Twist n Curls will be :gorgeous:

:yep:

You might like the Califia Moisturizing Spray from Komaza. It's a natural product and still gives my hair the same feeling as Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Mist without being all sticky. I wanted something similar to the jherri curl juices but natural and Komaza is it for me.

Does the Califia spray smell herbally?

Back