If at first you don't succeed, try try again!! [pic heavy]

PPGbubbles

So I just finished an install and Im sooooo happy with the results I had to share :) and I have pics too!

Okay, so I am a DIYer. I have been doing my own weaves, braids, kinky twists etc for the last 10 years... I have gotten pretty good but there is ALWAYS room for improvement. being a DIYer is all about trial and error so I wanted to show my error and then my success to encourage fellow DIYers not to give up!!!

Now to the point! This is my second go round with the same batch of hair. I used sensational goddess remi 1b 12''... Great hair and all but a little to silky for my texture...me being a 4xyz"andre didnt inclulde me" I was having some issues with the blend on this bad boy. You can see my texture in my avatar.

The first time I installed this hair was the thurs before my fri Bday celebration in early November. I envisioned my hair down is loose curls but that Fri night but I justpined it to the side and added the accessory to distract people from the two textures I have definately seen worst but :wallbash: I am my worst critic!... heres my look that fri.

Bdayhair.jpg

My friends said it was fine but needless to say as soon as I got back home I used the same hair cut off the weft to put the perimeter in micros... ( I have a small head and bought 2 packs I didnt even use all of the first one so I had plenty to spare)

I only kept that in another 2 weeks, I was over it because it wasnt the look I was going for :sad:. I removed it and chalked the hair up to a loss But I did keep the foundation in and re-installed a kinky weave.

Here is a pic of my last install looks like... I do em' the same every time. It blends so well... I use model model dreamweaver indian hair in "Indi Afro curl" 12" I use 1 pack
DSCF1998.jpg

So you can see... I know how to do a dog gone weave.... just that hair threw me for a loop. Here is another straight weave I did with standard BSS yaki. I usually leave a lil texture in my hair and its not perfect but not as big of a contrast as seen in the Bday photo

DSCF1765.jpg

Soooo fast forward to fri....My new Sedu arrived in the mail and I wanted to use it soooooo bad.... I mean it took prayer and holy water y'all to keep it off my tresses!!! But im in two proctective stylin challenges and I wanted to be good! but I swear that flat iron was talkin to me! It wanted to be used:poke: So I did some thinking :scratchch and came to the conclusion I can test the flatiron out on that crappy hair, so I washed and airdried the hair and attempted to try again...

This is why I had to share! I so SUPERCALAFRAGALISTICEXPIALADOCIOULSY excited that I managed to work out a blend!!! :Copy of 2cool: Whooo hooo! I actually think this is my best straigh install yet....Here comes the pic heavy part (dont say I didnt warn ya!)....sorry guys I dunno how to resize yet tho :(

*OH and fyi I finished at 3am and took the photos....So yes those are bags lol.... dont judge me lmao this is about the hair. I dunno how yall do the fancy face cover ups.

DSCF2439.jpg

DSCF2441.jpg

DSCF2426.jpg

DSCF2443.jpg

DSCF2444.jpg

DSCF2438.jpg

I am in the 2010 weave challenge and im happy I found the first style to kick it off!

IF SOMEONE COULD PM ME ON HOW TO RESIZE THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!! I USE PHOTOBUCKET TO UPLOAD

At the request of a member I added pics of the leave out hair and how I blend at night. The photos can be found in post #36... I think its on page 4

Last edited:
Very nice styling!

Sorry can't help with the resize there should be a option when you upload.

wow!!! If you would have told me that was ur hair i would have been like "congrats on making ur goal" :rofl:

it's beautiful!

Very nice styling!

Sorry can't help with the resize there should be a option when you upload.

im not very tech savy :wallbash:... I need a tutorial... I had a friend handwrite the basics for uploading via photobucket... I wish they werent so friggin huge...cuz the first pic isnt as big and I did it the same way....weird!

wow!!! If you would have told me that was ur hair i would have been like "congrats on making ur goal" :rofl:

it's beautiful!

Oh yea that's not even close to being mines :lachen:even that lil side piece is mostly weave....I had to work some magic to thin and style with my scissor....I wanted to leave out a lil hair a possible.... but one day I hope to grow like this, thats why im in a million PS challenges for this year :grin:.

Very nice!! Very natural looking. Can you show us your braid pattern?

Its a circle with a skiny horse shoe for the part and I leave my edgees out b/c they are naturally thin and including them in the foundation is too much tension for me.....but the braids are really small and parted close together so that the install would lie flat with no bumps....didnt think of taking pics of the foundation :wallbash:

But later tonight I will take pics of the leave out hair and how I blend :yep: because my edges look smoother after I used the scarf overnight.

I can post those in the morning tomorrow

Wow, that looks really great! I agree that I would totally believe you if you said that it was your own hair.

You're also very pretty, btw.

How did you blend your hair with the model, model hair, it looks so natural, I can;t tell where your hair starts or stops, I wanna try that, it's HOT

How did you blend your hair with the model, model hair, it looks so natural, I can;t tell where your hair starts or stops, I wanna try that, it's HOT

I got the idea technique and hair brand from this lady on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do4GVGj1cq4

I was dying to try a kinky weave and I used that hair and her technique and fell in LOVE. I dont even use heat to blend. I just flat twisted with a lil spritz of water each night.

Very pretty, I may consider doing my own install. I just have trouble cornrowing.

Braiding the foundation is the hardest part. but I say practice! Many installs are done with braids going back instead of in a circular pattern.

I wish i could find the fotki link of the lady who posted multiple braid pattern.

but if you can master simple briad going back you can do a sew-in the sewing part is easy!

and keep in mind even if they are not the prettiest braids as long as you can part small enough so that they lie flat you can always use a net to make up for lost technique :)

Back