IC Fantasia Gel

CurleeDST

How are folks using this gel to coax curls and diminish frizz on natural hair? Are you leaving in a conditioner beforehand and then shingling w/ the gel? What is the technique folks are using?

It always seems to make my hair rock hard.

i like the defnititon i get as well but my hair dries hella hard too? Suggestions ladies?

Don't use to much gel. I use very little amount. I put it on after washing my hair, adding leave in conditioners. It is the final step.

I conditioner wash, leaving some conditioner in, adding BBD stretch, and Kids Organic shea butter detangling moisturizing lotion, then I finger comb the gel on top.

I use IC Fantasia in three different ways:

1. On wet hair: Use the clear to smooth back my hair into an afro puff. I want that part of the hair to be a little crunchy so I can get second day hair.

2. After a CW/CR: Use the blue layered under leave-in moisturizer. I don't shingle, but I just sort of smooth it over my hair in big sections.

3. After a CW/CR: Use the blue same way as #2, but I rinse out the gel with water after I apply it. This way gives me most defined curls with no crunch.

Hmm, so it sounds as if I need to start bringing the gel in the shower with me. I always tended to use it after I toweled dried (just wrap my hair in a towel and let it soak up the drippies - I hate drippies) my hair I would then apply it all over and found my hair would get hard once fully dried. It doesn't help me ONE BIT with shrinkage either.

Sometimes I just don't want the hair bunched up around my ears. Makes me hot.

Cheleigh said:
I use IC Fantasia in three different ways:

1. On wet hair: Use the clear to smooth back my hair into an afro puff. I want that part of the hair to be a little crunchy so I can get second day hair.

2. After a CW/CR: Use the blue layered under leave-in moisturizer. I don't shingle, but I just sort of smooth it over my hair in big sections.

3. After a CW/CR: Use the blue same way as #2, but I rinse out the gel with water after I apply it. This way gives me most defined curls with no crunch.

If U get the blue version of the IC gel, it doesn't dry crunchy. I just spritz w water and go.:)

Back