I would like to know why...(rant)

fatimablush

I can't go into a salon to get my hair done and comb my hair the next day and have my hair look just as well as the first day.

I had my hair appointment which was to eup my pixie and make it look good as i want to grow it out.

The stylist asked if i would like a relaxer..uh no..i do my own relaxer and got it done 2 weeks ago..so no relaxer was needed. Couldn't she tell? i mean really!!!!:perplexed

Well as she is cuttiing my hair or should i say chopping my hair off..she did not part the hair with the comb and then cut with the scissors she literally chopped my hair off..i asked her to stop and please cut my hair correctly..well you would think that i her to rob a darned bank.!!! Fast forward..my hair looked good despite the fact that she nearly burned my scalp off with the curling iron..and piled a ton of products on my hair..

I tried to comb my hair the next day and my hair is so uneven it is pathetic..i can't do anything but slick my hair back with gel and mold it..I can't curl it with the curling iron i can't do anything. I was late for work trying to curl it..my room smelled like burnt hair...and to top it off...my SO's Christmas party is tomorrow. He hasn't seen me all week because i have been embarrassed about my hair...my sister say's i look good with my hair molded and slicked back and my SO liked picture of the hair style i want to grow into..but it is so uneven and i won't be able to curl it with my curling irons until jan or feb..i am livid. When i spoke to the stylist she had the nerve to say that i fell asleep in the chair..What the heck?!..i never fall asleep at the beauty shop.

I look cute in the outfit that i am going to wear to my SO's Christmas party but as i was playing with my hair i added a flower to my hair and it looks pretty but it doesn't go with the outfit.

I am really sick of this..i wish i could walk out feeling fabulous and be able to do my hair the next day instead of hoping that time goes by really fast and hope my hair grows back healthy so i can style my hair.

I wish i could find someone at an aveda salon..i had a good stylist there when i lived in atl.

:wallbash:

rant over.

Last edited:
awww *hugs* it will be okay! It will grow back!

My mom had taken me to JC Penny's to get my done for my 8th grade graduation once. It was cute but my hair fell out at the top and broke off bad. Come to find out the stylist had spray-fried my hair with so much spritz with the curlers, that when i tried to wash it out my hair had melted/fused together. It was horrid. I cried! But it grew back in a bit by the first day of high school, so I was fine!

These hair stylist *sigh* I swear *shakes fist* always messing somebody hair up!

sorry...some stylists really shouldn't be stylists!!!

Don't worry, your hair will grow back....in the meantime...go out and work your outfit. Im sure your SO will think you look good no matter what!

Smile :)

yup I think you should rock the outfit with confidence and not worry about your hair. I know that's not a great answer for your situation but its honestly what I would do...if she cut your hair there is nothing you can do but take care of it so it can grow back healthily, don't cry over spilled milk. You mentioned that she used a ton of product. I know from experience that if you use too much product in your hair it won't hold a curl/flatiron correctly.. Maybe you should re-wash and style it yourself with way less product than what she used. Maybe your hair will curl better if you do that. Eitherway, *BigHug* and don't stress out....enjoy ur day with SO!

:cry4:So sorry. I know what this feels like. My hair was cut into a reverse layered look that took years to grow out without compromising significant length. I grew it out gradually for the most part. I just recently cut off about 2" to finally even it out. I wasn't happy at all about having to part with 2" of perfectly healthy hair, or go all those years with my hair butchered. The only reason that I did is because it wasn't that noticeable as long as my hair wasn't prefectly straight. I'm sure your SO will think that you look fab anyway. I'd wash out the heavy product and start over with like an old school Nia Long style.

Well I know confidence is on of the best accessories a woman can have! It goes with any outfit and adapt to any scene.

Gurl U best rock ur new style like you meant it and strut 4 your SO at this party!

Now you know that the stylist is full of excuses and does not have your hairs best interest at heart....bust of luck in the future but dont let this situation disrupt your present.

eh ? something just sounds fishy .. or ignorant ..

anyways .... if your sis says it is cute and you think it is cute then rock it

awww *hugs* it will be okay! It will grow back!

My mom had taken me to JC Penny's to get my done for my 8th grade graduation once. It was cute but my hair fell out at the top and broke off bad. Come to find out the stylist had spray-fried my hair with so much spritz with the curlers, that when i tried to wash it out my hair had melted/fused together. It was horrid. I cried! But it grew back in a bit by the first day of high school, so I was fine!

These hair stylist *sigh* I swear *shakes fist* always messing somebody hair up!

I know...

If that is you in that picture....I wouldn't let a stylist within 1000 feet of my hair!

I washed out all of that mess and used my products. It looked much better and i am going to wear it the nia long style..it looks much better without all of that stiffness.:grin:

I washed out all of that mess and used my products. It looked much better and i am going to wear it the nia long style..it looks much better without all of that stiffness.:grin:

good! I'm really happy to hear that because I know how it feels when a stylist **** up your hair:nono:

Back