I worked too damn hard!!

kittiekat

for me too mess it up now. I flat ironed my hair yesterday to see the progress i have made using half wigs to protect my hair. My hair used to be neck length and very very thin.

So I showed a couple friends my progress and they say i should start wearing it out, but I am sooo worried about my hair breaking off or me flat ironing too much just because i can see my hair now.

I want to continue wearing the wigs because it keeps my hands out of my hair and allows me to cowash frequently without worrying about a style. I also want my own hair to be be THICKER and STRONGER before I debut it to the world.

LHCF what is your take on this? Am i running scared? Should I stop hiding my hair? :perplexed

Attachments

• Photo 40.jpg
    Photo 40.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 105
Stop hiding! At least for a little while. And you don't have to flat iron all the time. I rollerset and it gets just as straight. Take a break from the half wigs for a bit. It doesn't mean you have to wear it out. You can still protective style by bunning, etc...

It's on you, but if you have a goal in mind that you haven't reached. Do what you need to do. However, make sure to enjoy your hair along the way!

You could always rollerset or something less risky than flat ironing if you want to unleash your hair every once in a while.

Shock em all and do a twistout.lol.:grin: It will give you the fullness you wish to showcase and you'll be set on a low mani routine for a couple of days that won't mess up your progress.

Stop hiding! At least for a little while. And you don't have to flat iron all the time. I rollerset and it gets just as straight. Take a break from the half wigs for a bit. It doesn't mean you have to wear it out. You can still protective style by bunning, etc...

Im thinking of wearing it in a ponytail today....:ohwell:

It's on you, but if you have a goal in mind that you haven't reached. Do what you need to do. However, make sure to enjoy your hair along the way!

You could always rollerset or something less risky than flat ironing if you want to unleash your hair every once in a while.

i dont own a dryer...hmmm... i might look into purchasing one.

I think you should stop hiding your hair. I know it's hard not to sometimes. There are emotional stages to go through after wearing wigs/ extensions. The purchased hair is processed and so "pretty" that when you look at your own hair you don't like it. It happens to me a lot. I feel unpretty and not sexy after I take down micros initially. But after a while, you'll get used to your own hair, comfortable, and then you'll start to love it. You'll struggle through the bad hair days, and find a routine that works for you.

If you flat iron too much, leave it at a friend's house or loan it to someone!

I think on our HHJ we should enjoy our hair. I am going to wear my hair for a wk or 2 in between protective styles. Try buns, twistouts, braidouts and rollersets. This way you won't have to flatiron all the time. Also remember that if you decide to flat iron you don't have to do it everyday. You can wrap your hair at night. Just do whatever makes YOU happy! HTH

Back