I washed my hair with hand soap and ACV and my curls are bouncing! *Pics*

ThePerfectScore

Its the end of the semester, so I moved all the stuff out of my on campus apartment to my dad's house, so all I have is a suitcase of clothing and Softsoap Soothing Aloe Vera Moisturizing hand soap. So today my friend decides to go to the pool and luckily for me I didn't pack away my swimsuit. But I didn't think about leaving out shampoo and conditioner for my hair!

I knew I had to get the chlorine out of my hair post swim, but I didn't know what to use. I figured since everything from shampoo to floor cleaner has sodium laureth sulfate in it all soaps are fundamentally the same. Also I had a bottle of apple cider vinegar left on the floor with just a lil shot of ACV left and I know how ladies on LHCF love to use ACV on their hair, so I figured I'd do a quick LHCF search and see if it would get rid of the chlorine.

so I wash my hair with the hand soap and rinsed very very well, and then mix what was left in the vinegar bottle with some water and put it in a spray bottle and sprayed my hair until it ran out, then rinse.

Post shower I knew I had to put something on my hair to seal in the moisture. I remembered a few nights ago that I had baggied my whole head in a shower cap with TONS Blue magic olive oil conditioner, so there was still a lot left in the shower cap. I put the shower cap on with the left over blue magic and scrunched my hair to transfer the product on my head. Then I went to the kitchen to see if there was any EVOO left, and lo and behold my roommates had a few drops left, so I used their EVOO to seal.

So my hair is completely dry and it looks amazing!!!! I actually got compliments on it- my curls are super defined and it feels so soft to the touch.

softsoap-aloe.jpg
+
apple-cider-vinegar.jpg
+
Blue%20Magic%20Olive%20Oil.jpg
+
215328_150x150.jpg
=

Photo22-1.jpg

Photo23.jpg

Photo24.jpg
Photo34.jpg

Last edited:
Purty! I sometimes use body wash instead of shampoo. When I was younger I washed my barbie's hair with Caress and noticed how much softer their hair was than mine. I recently remembered this and I do it once in a while. I think hand and body soaps are more moisturizing than some shampoos.

Purty! I sometimes use body wash instead of shampoo. When I was younger I washed my barbie's hair with Caress and noticed how much softer their hair was than mine. I recently remembered this and I do it once in a while. I think hand and body soaps are more moisturizing than some shampoos.

I've heard of this from The Beauty Brains site in an article about alternative ways of washing hair. I used Sauve's sweet pea scented body wash with good results.

I hear selzter water is good for getting out chlorine as well as neutralizing bird poo and lovebugs but people don't usually have that lying around.

My mum uses the same Softsoap for her face and body with an exfoliating glove, it's helped her even out her skin tone a bit and it's VERY gentle, she says it doesn't even burn her eyes. I saw the ingredients and it they looked similar to what's already in some shampoos AND conditioners.
I've wanted to try using it for a while but I was too scared it would dry my hair out for the mere fact it says that it's a soap. When I saw this thread it was a pleasant surprise. Thank you so much for creating this topic, I will be trying this as a shampoo tomorrow. Hopefully I get awesome results too. :yep:

very pretty! :yep: Ive heard of other ladies using 'handsoap' of some sort on their hair... u def got some good results! :yep:

VERY PRETTY! What is your hairtype?

well in the middle and front it is 3C with defined curls, then as you move more outward to my curls get less defined and more frizzy, so I'd say 4a there.

yeah I bet there is something to that because a lot of shampoos are made to remove grease and product build up from hair where as a lot of body soaps profess softer skin.

I've heard of this from The Beauty Brains site in an article about alternative ways of washing hair. I used Sauve's sweet pea scented body wash with good results.

Oh I love Sauve! And I'll definitely have to check out Beauty Brain site.

My mum uses the same Softsoap for her face and body with an exfoliating glove, it's helped her even out her skin tone a bit and it's VERY gentle, she says it doesn't even burn her eyes. I saw the ingredients and it they looked similar to what's already in some shampoos AND conditioners.
I've wanted to try using it for a while but I was too scared it would dry my hair out for the mere fact it says that it's a soap. When I saw this thread it was a pleasant surprise. Thank you so much for creating this topic, I will be trying this as a shampoo tomorrow. Hopefully I get awesome results too. :yep:

I definitely need to even out my skin tone, I may have to try it on my face.

I like that lipgloss, I wonder if I can pull it off...

the lip gloss if NYX Diamond Sparkle Lipgloss in DSG14 Fuschia Sparkle, but since I took the picture using photobooth on my MacBook the color isn't as vibrant. I took better pictures of the lipgloss in this thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=365349&highlight=

Hmmm do you guys think it was the ACV rinse that gave me the results more so than anything else? HMM off to do a LHCF search on Apple Cider Vinegar

Back