I was shocked!!!

atlien

I don't know about frequent washing /images/graemlins/nono.gif....Okay listen to this /images/graemlins/user.gif My son wear braids,I take them down and re braid maybe every three weeks. I did not wash his hair in about 1 1/2 months /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. I took his braids down to wash it and first of all it was all soft and seem to have a oily feeling. But this is the shocker his hair grew like 3 inches /images/graemlins/shocked.gif or something ridiculous like that. I pulled it down and if he had a bra it would have reached his bra strap /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif I could not believe it I was in awww it was so crinkly and pretty I wanted his afro. But I think no I am sure the not washing gave him all that growth.

Ladies I tried to get a picture to post /images/graemlins/computer.gif but he went running talking about this a girlie site for girls and stuff so I may have to sneak one /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

Wow, that's amazing! Were you using anything special on his braids? Oil treatments, Leave-in cons, etc.
/images/graemlins/user.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ladies I tried to get a picture to post /images/graemlins/computer.gif but he went running talking about this a girlie site for girls and stuff so I may have to sneak one /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

LOL! I can believe it. When I was younger, up until I started going to the beauty salon, my hair was rarely washed (because my mother doesn't even know how to put on a barrette) and my hair seemed to grow faster back then (although, it probably also was because my hair was natural). It's like, logically, I know not washing CAN increase growth, because the hair is so oily-->there's less breakage, but realistically, I can't bring myself to do it /images/graemlins/look.gif. 3" though...that's hot /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I can attest to the braids as a method of growth - if I keep my hair cornrowed - I wash and redo them every two weeks - my hair seems to grow really fast. I get the same oily feeling too.

I plan to keep my hair cornrowed (and wear a wig) through the end of December - lets see how it goes.

I hate that, why is it that the boys' hair grow faster than the girls, and all the boys do is cut it off when they don't want it anymore, heck my son won't even comb is hair...

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that's amazing! Were you using anything special on his braids? Oil treatments, Leave-in cons, etc.
/images/graemlins/user.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No I wasn't putting anything on it....somehow it just produced it's own natural oils. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

It's true, when I wear my hair in cornrows, 2, 3 weeks at a time, it seems dry on the outside. but when you unravel those cornrows, they are so moist and beautiful. I love them! They're no maintenance, cute, and a protective style all in one.

That's so funny that he called this a "girlie" sight! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif I can't wait until you sneak a picture so we can see too!
/images/graemlins/Flahssssss.gif

I think probably hair grows more when its braided cause you aren't messing with it much so there is less chance of breakage and moisture loss.
My hair grew like a weed when I was young! My mom always kept it in 2 french braids or some other styles. It would keep for a week or two(although started looking ragged by the second week). Then she would wash and condition it with Aubrey products.
By the time I had it relaxed(I think I was 14), it was past my waist almost down to my butt after the hairdresser blew it out! I remember standing in front of the mirror stunned cause I never realized how long it was when it was natural.

(Sigh) those were the days! I didn't even appreciate it then and I even had a some inches cut off cause I thought it was too long. Geez!

[ QUOTE ]
That's so funny that he called this a "girlie" sight! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif I can't wait until you sneak a picture so we can see too!
/images/graemlins/Flahssssss.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh he would be sooooo mad but he'll never know /images/graemlins/sekret.gif, Everything is girlie stuff. His signature line is "this a girlie site and we be doing girlie stuff with them girlie hair products" /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

that is beautiful.... /images/graemlins/up.gif i cannot wait to see pics of his hair....... /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

The same thing happened when I cornrowed my hair. It grew so much I could literally pick the braid up and stick a tootsie roll under it. Those were the days...I think I'm going to go back to braids!

[ QUOTE ]
Atlien, you have those major growth spurts too!!! So maybe it runs in the family /images/graemlins/wink.gif .

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what you are right I never thought about it like that /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif I think it's cause we eat so darn much /images/graemlins/fat.gif...oh we will tear some food up /images/graemlins/lick.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The same thing happened when I cornrowed my hair. It grew so much I could literally pick the braid up and stick a tootsie roll under it. Those were the days...I think I'm going to go back to braids!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuppppp!!! That is how his braids was before I took them down you could pick the cornrow up about an inch off his head. Sometimes you gotta take it back ole' school

How old is your son? My son wears cornrows and I try to wash them every 2 weeks, but sometimes I... don't make it. His hair stays soft and grows really fast. His hair is almost waistlength now. I have a pic if you wanna see.

[ QUOTE ]
How old is your son? My son wears cornrows and I try to wash them every 2 weeks, but sometimes I... don't make it. His hair stays soft and grows really fast. His hair is almost waistlength now. I have a pic if you wanna see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah let me see /images/graemlins/grin.gif. If I show my son pictures of your son maybe he won't think it's a girlie site and let me take some pics of him /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif...My son is 10

Dang Butterfly /images/graemlins/blush.gif that baby got a lot of hair. You braid all that. I couldn't do it I am trying to get my son to cut his hair now. Your son is definitely a cutie pie /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
O.K., just go into my hair pics. He is in the second album "Honey&Baby" and the password is love.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not to be all up on your Honey, but dayum!!! A brother is workin' those abs out!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

And you know your mom is a LHCF member when she takes length shots of your hair when it's wet. /images/graemlins/grin.gif He's a super cutie and he has some gorgeous hair /images/graemlins/wink.gif .

Thank you. I'm getting to the point where I want to cut his too, but now he doesn't want it cut. He's only 4 now so what in the world am I gonna do if it keeps growing?? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Oh well, it's my fault.

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you. I'm getting to the point where I want to cut his too, but now he doesn't want it cut. He's only 4 now so what in the world am I gonna do if it keeps growing?? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Oh well, it's my fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing. How in the world is she ever going to cut this hair /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif. Maybe you can just trim it bit by bit to keep it at the same length... while he's /images/graemlins/sleeping.gif. /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Not to be all up on your Honey, but dayum!!! A brother is workin' those abs out!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

And you know your mom is a LHCF member when she takes length shots of your hair when it's wet. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]

He's a super cutie and he has some gorgeous hair /images/graemlins/wink.gif .

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing. How in the world is she ever going to cut this hair /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif. Maybe you can just trim it bit by bit to keep it at the same length... while he's /images/graemlins/sleeping.gif. /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I said I was going to do that when it got past shoulder length. /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif I don't see myself letting it get any longer at this point though.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
O.K., just go into my hair pics. He is in the second album "Honey&Baby" and the password is love.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you know your mom is a LHCF member when she takes length shots of your hair when it's wet. /images/graemlins/grin.gif He's a super cutie and he has some gorgeous hair /images/graemlins/wink.gif .

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wait a minute /images/graemlins/nuts.gif I didn't know that was your man.... I thought he was a male model /images/graemlins/blush.gif with that TEN PACK /images/graemlins/ooo.gif handle that girl I aint mad at cha' /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Back