I was off on Friday sooooo.....I DID THE BIG CHOP!!! (pics)

alibi

hair bored
Yep ladies, I finally did it. It wasn't even planned. I just got out of the shower on Friday morning after a CO wash, and couldn't stand the sight of my straight ends any more! So I got the scissors out, parted my hair, took a deep breath, and started cutting! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I can't tell you how good it felt! I actually cut the bottom section first, so I could make sure all the perm was gone from there. Then I combed all of my hair straight back, and cut the top even with the back, in a bob style. I didn't want to cut it all even b/c I didn't want to deal with having it layered all over, so there's actually still a bit of perm in the top and middle, I'd say about 2 1/2 inches at its longest point. I'm just going to keep trimming it in the bob style until the rest of the perm is gone, which should be in no time!

I took a few pics, and I'll take a lot more as soon as I figure out what to do with it my hair. I'm going to try to dry it tonight with a diffuser and see how that looks. Anyways, I can't tell you how much I love my curls! And they seem to be curling up even more not that the perm is gone in the back, which is what a lot of you said would probably happen! Thanks so much for all of your support! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Wow...you are so brave!
Your curls are so cute...post more pics when you can!
/images/graemlins/clap.gif

WOW..I can't believe you did it..and I can't believe you are just telling us now!! Looks good though girl.. CONGRATS!! Can't wait to see more pics!

So you transitioned about 15 months right??

Congrats!!! Don't you feel much better? Your hair looks great. It looks like you cut off a lot..enough to make a track with lol.

Congrats. You sure are a brave soul.
23_28_100.gif

Wow!!! Congrats and your hair looks wonderful!!!! your curls are adorable, I'm sure you are going to find soooo many styles for you "new hair"!!!! Thanks for the pics!

Yeah Ayana! Congrats! /images/graemlins/dance7.gif From what I see so far, your curls are beautiful. Aren't you glad you decided not to relax again?

AHHHH! I'm so proud of you! LOL I've tried doing the big chop, but shooot it's HARD getting rid of these suckers. I always find a new patch of relaxed ends hanging on for dear life. I'm almost 100% natural, though lol

Your hair texture is puuuurty, too. Do you have any styles in mind?

Ayanapooh, your curly natural hair looks great /images/graemlins/cool.gif! I cant wait to see your whole head!

Congratulations! /images/graemlins/dance7.gif
But maybe you should change your siggy from Transitionin NO CHOP lol /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back