I was asked today "Do you have extensions?" pic

FlawedBeauty

Ughhhh...

so i'm at work today and my co-woker asks THE question:
"do you have extensions"

im like huh?? i thought i heard her wrong...she says "extensions." i look at her like wtf r u talkin about and i reply, "extensions? No." as i turn my head and try to show her some scalp lol. then she gives me a look and says, "oh, cuz your hair is like a different length everyday." and i say nope its all mine. i was actually kind of offended after she made that different hair length comment. it was as if she was trying to say i noticed ur hair at different lengths so fess up. thing is i only wear my hair down about once a month so i assume she is talking about when i have it down in two braids, or two twists after my hair is air dried. those syles only come a little past collar bone on me with shrinkage and all but i thought ppl had more common sense to know that if ur hair is in braids or twist and not flat ironed out its gonna appear shorter...guess not.

i think she was kinda hopin i would say extienstions because she has been tryna grow her hair out from a little above SL ever since i started working here about three years ago and shes not even APL length yet (shes white if that matters). we had a discussion a while ago about her hair and i told her to stop going to the salon so much as she goes once a month and gets a trim every time. i told her they are just choppin off her progress. anywho, im still a little botherd cuz i dont think she believes its my hair lmao! oh well...

heres my today hair. i took this in the bathroom at work to see if it looked fake lmao! i need to wash it today too!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 418
:lol: So many people are totally unaware of the power of SHRINKAGE, man, it's sad!!! :lachen::lachen:

Girl, take it as a compliement!! Your hair looks so good, it's GOTTA be brought! :lol:

lol homegirl wishing yours was store brought because hers hasn't grown:lachen:too funny
eta:it looks good flawedbeauty

Wow!!! Your hair has grown tremendously, Flawed. Seriously ... it looks great.

As for the comment about the "different length every day", I said in another thread that I constantly have to explain to people about shrinkage ... even black folks. So I definitely have to explain it to "others". They just don't get it at all.

That's crazy. Guess she's a little jealous. There are a ton of white women rocking extensions everyday because they have a hard time growing hair, but no one ever thinks to question whether their hair is real or not because they're white. Guess we're suppose to be the balded headed ones and they are suppose to have perfect hair. That's the ***'d up thing about generalizations, they're more often wrong than right.

Your hair looks good!

I think it's rude for someone to ask if you have extensions. On the other hand, take it as a compliment b/c you are doing something right:grin:!

Happy Hair Growing!

Wow!!! Your hair has grown tremendously, Flawed. Seriously ... it looks great.

As for the comment about the "different length every day", I said in another thread that I constantly have to explain to people about shrinkage ... even black folks. So I definitely have to explain it to "others". They just don't get it at all.

I have to do this so often I fill like I need to just walk around with a sign on my back. I flatironed my hair over the weekend and people were like "that can't be all yours, usually your hair is curly and short." And these were black people, all I could do was shake my head.

thanks everyone!! all the years i used to rock the glue in weave and no one ever even questioned. now its mine and i get asked! go figure :lachen:

Aww, I would take that as a compliment. It doesn't look fake at all. Some poeple really don't know that hair shirinkage exists.

That's funny. :grin: I just want to say that your hair has progressed tremendously FlawedBeauty!!! It looks great. Keep up the good work.:yep:

she's a hater. she made you hair got options, i mean if you had a weave in who's is she to call you out. Your hair grew alot. Tell shorty your hair got options.

Girl I would have been doting with pride to say it wasn't "E X T E N S I O N S"....I would feel so good to say, no and be able to shun any doubts in her or her little girlfriends at work...

Truly a compliment on how well you have been handling your hair.

Take it as a compliment.:yep: Instead of hating on you, maybe she should be asking you for hair growing tips.:look: You hair has really improved.

At least she didn't pull first, hoping it would fall out in her hands:look: You know that's why ppl pull. You've made wonderful progress, she's envious. Keep doing what you're doing. I can't wait for her response when you get midback!!!

:lol: So many people are totally unaware of the power of SHRINKAGE, man, it's sad!!! :lachen::lachen:

Girl, take it as a compliement!! Your hair looks so good, it's GOTTA be brought! :lol:

That's true. I know my hair goes from neck length to BSl depending on what I've done to it.

Your hair looks really good. Its a Rite of Passage when you get asked if your hair is real or not.

Welcome to the club:yep:

-A

Ughhhh...

so i'm at work today and my co-woker asks THE question:
"do you have extensions"

im like huh?? i thought i heard her wrong...she says "extensions." i look at her like wtf r u talkin about and i reply, "extensions? No." as i turn my head and try to show her some scalp lol. then she gives me a look and says, "oh, cuz your hair is like a different length everyday." and i say nope its all mine. i was actually kind of offended after she made that different hair length comment. it was as if she was trying to say i noticed ur hair at different lengths so fess up. thing is i only wear my hair down about once a month so i assume she is talking about when i have it down in two braids, or two twists after my hair is air dried. those syles only come a little past collar bone on me with shrinkage and all but i thought ppl had more common sense to know that if ur hair is in braids or twist and not flat ironed out its gonna appear shorter...guess not.

i think she was kinda hopin i would say extienstions because she has been tryna grow her hair out from a little above SL ever since i started working here about three years ago and shes not even APL length yet (shes white if that matters). we had a discussion a while ago about her hair and i told her to stop going to the salon so much as she goes once a month and gets a trim every time. i told her they are just choppin off her progress. anywho, im still a little botherd cuz i dont think she believes its my hair lmao! oh well...

heres my today hair. i took this in the bathroom at work to see if it looked fake lmao! i need to wash it today too!

She's white and just has no concept of shrinkage! hell girl some folks have asked me if it grew or I cut it just based on if I'm wearing my ponytail higher or lower. They dont even look to figure it out ,it all about where it hangs to! dont let it get to you and your hair looks beautiful!

lol it's true that many people dont consider the shrinkage factor... Congrats on your progress Flawedbeauty! I know there are times when I just can't tell myself (I usually dont ask though) and 9 out of 10 times, that persons hair looks really good from roots to ends.

FlawedBeauty...you're hair is beautiful. What progress!!:grin:
I honestly don't understand how shrinkage is such a difficult concept to grasp for some people. It's common sense.:rolleyes:

Beautiful, inspirational progress Flawedbeauty.

She’s a hater. Shrinkage is universal. You can keep feeling her evil vibe…or take the time to educate her.

The "others" :lachen: Reminded me of that show LOST LOL

Hey take it as a compliment. One of my white co-workers came over to me one day, whispering "is it a weave?" just because I flatironed my hair that day. I said NO and told her that she shouldn't ask people that :rolleyes: I should've asked her if she had a girdle or push up bra, see how she likes them sour apples LOL

The "others" :lachen: Reminded me of that show LOST LOL

Hey take it as a compliment. One of my white co-workers came over to me one day, whispering "is it a weave?" just because I flatironed my hair that day. I said NO and told her that she shouldn't ask people that :rolleyes: I should've asked her if she had a girdle or push up bra, see how she likes them sour apples LOL
:lachen::lachen::lachen: That is so funny, I would have loved to see her face when you said it!

No it doesn't look fake. Great progress. She doesn't inderstand how you style it is all.

It makes me mad when people ask "Did you cut your hair?" on a days when my hair is frizzy or puffy and may look slightly shorter. I know they don't mean it to be offensive, but when someone asks that I start thinking "Is my hair breaking off or something?" and other crazy, paranoid thoughts :spinning:. As a matter of fact on July 4th my cousin had the nerve to ask me if I cut my hair because it looks shorter :evil:.

Sounds like she was just curious. She could have done this a better way but living in the time of bad manners is annoying.

Back