I want to leave my hair for 3 months.

Trinigirl

I am thinking about leaving my hair for 3 months without relaxing. I notice the girls who wait longer see better results. What I would like to know is what can I put in my hair to keep it soft in the roots so it wont break when the textures touch each other. Can I please get some help. I did my hair last week, and it is already humpy on the top, I dont' want to but I had to brush it down. I roller set my hair, maybe that was the setting. Thanks a lot girls!

Make sure that you use a good moisturizer regardless of how long you wait. Also, you may want to use straw sets, flat twists, rollersets or a combo. If you haven't done so, you want to try parting you hair in smaller sections and setting it on medium sized rollers but be sure to pull it a little tighter. That used to work for me when I was permed and went a while between touch ups. You may also want to consider rodding your hair as well. Hope this helps.

I'm also doing something similar.. my last relaxer was February 7th and I will not be relaxing until september... that will be 8months... I've been using Surge, Sulfur 8 Hair creme and braid spray and KeraCare Essential Oils and my hair feels soft at least the little in the back and the new growth that seems to be coming in.. Moisture is key... I'll be sporting a full head sew-in weave which I got done May 7.. I'll be taking it out at the end of the summer... goodluck ... It might be best to put it in some sort of style that would not require you to manipulate your hair much, sew-in weave, braids, cornrows... Hope that helps...

Monister

I want to do the same thing too. I'm thinking of going at least 4 months w/o a relaxer maybe longer. If I do, I intend on using the Neutrogena TRiple moisture line, it really softens and moisturizes new growth. If you haven't already, you may want to give it a try.

[ QUOTE ]
Trinigirl said:
What I would like to know is what can I put in my hair to keep it soft in the roots so it wont break when the textures touch each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on week 8 of 12 right now.
crazy.gif

Consider the following products:
1. Elucence MB conditioner
2. Rusk Calm conditioner
3. John Frieda relax texture correcting serum
4. Sta-Sof-Fro (TOO sticky for me, but suits others)

I conditioner wash my hair in 4 braided sections using either of the above conditioners. Before I take the braids apart, I put the serum on the new growth at the base of the braids in order to soften and lubricate it. Biolage leave in tonic helps me detangle, too.

There are lots of other testimonials on the board regarding these products and their affects on new growth.
smile.gif

i'm doing the same thing with a weave. i wash once a week and spray my scalp twice daily. once with surge and the other is a mixture of water and nexxus humectress

[ QUOTE ]
Trinigirl said:
I am thinking about leaving my hair for 3 months without relaxing. I notice the girls who wait longer see better results. What I would like to know is what can I put in my hair to keep it soft in the roots so it wont break when the textures touch each other. Can I please get some help. I did my hair last week, and it is already humpy on the top, I dont' want to but I had to brush it down. I roller set my hair, maybe that was the setting. Thanks a lot girls!

[/ QUOTE ] A lot of women use wild growth hair oil to soften their new growth.....
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
patience said:
Make sure that you use a good moisturizer regardless of how long you wait. Also, you may want to use straw sets, flat twists, rollersets or a combo. If you haven't done so, you want to try parting you hair in smaller sections and setting it on medium sized rollers but be sure to pull it a little tighter. That used to work for me when I was permed and went a while between touch ups. You may also want to consider rodding your hair as well. Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ] not to hi-jack this thread....

but you really are trying
wink.gif

just wanted to applaud you and let you know its noticed
smile.gif

ok back to the topic.

Conditioner washes helped me greatly while stretching out my relaxer for six months.

The KeraCare Moisturizing Detangling Shampoo is a MUST for me because it leaves my hair with 0 tangles (even at the six month mark).

I also follow each wash with an ACV rinse (to help with any possible tangles that I didn't get with my shampoo). HTH

Chichi
bdance.gif

Right now I'm 11 weeks & 4days post-relaxer. Conditioner washes with Aubrey GPB followed by kera Care Humecto, only combing hair after washing, roller setting with magnetic rollers, and applying Kera Care's Essential Oils combined with a creme hairdress, leave-in conditioner, or avocado butter is working wonders for keeping my new growth soft and keeping breakage at bay. :-)

Thanks you guys for the help. And yes irresistable, I am really trying. I lost a lot of hair recently and had to cut it, despite the fact that I was trying my darndest. So Yes I am trying to save my hair. I am not going to weave, that breaks my hair, so I am trying to get as much advice as I can.
Thanks a bunch. Anyone else wants to put in their 2 cents, I would be grateful. Hopefully someone else would be helped too. May God Bless everyone and give them strong healthy hair! God knows we need it.

I am trying to do the same thing. Right now I am in week 9. I am CO washing everynight, and putting my hair in a ponytail and either rollersetting or letting it dry in the ponytail and add a phonybun in the morning. I am using oil and EQ Mango Butter also

Back