I Want To Go Back To Black Lol

@Arlana

I went back to black last week after using that L'Oreal color in Coolest Brown. I seriously missed my black hair, plus I don't have to worry about my eyebrows not matching.

Black is my natural color and it's more striking on me anyway. All the other colors looks so blah. I used Garnier Nutrisse in Soft Black but I wish I would've tried the Shea Moisture color.

Dove56 Yay!!! Isn't black hair the greatest?
I agree black is much more striking, it provides a greater skin to hair contrast. My skin is very yellow and sort of of orange and maybe a bit orange hair just doesn't let my skin glow. Now my hair is much darker than it is naturally and my skin looks glowy. I love it.
I liked the reddish hair but I felt really insecure in it. I thought my hair looked unhealthy and I felt like it looked like a dye job and I dislike the idea of people knowing that I'm lightening my hair ( afraid they may see it as an attempt to fit a Eurocentric aesthetic, im a nut lol).

I'm trying to use less heat, luckily it's warm so I may barely rollerset/flat iron at all this summer. I'm giving my hair a much needed break. It's been through relaxing, lightening and now darkening lol.

Me too!!! I've been toying with the idea of indigo. See avi for current color *insert eye roll* I've been growing out this color since October.

Dove56 Yay!!! Isn't black hair the greatest?
I agree black is much more striking, it provides a greater skin to hair contrast. My skin is very yellow and sort of of orange and maybe a bit orange hair just doesn't let my skin glow. Now my hair is much darker than it is naturally and my skin looks glowy. I love it.
I liked the reddish hair but I felt really insecure in it. I thought my hair looked unhealthy and I felt like it looked like a dye job and I dislike the idea of people knowing that I'm lightening my hair ( afraid they may see it as an attempt to fit a Eurocentric aesthetic, im a nut lol).

I'm trying to use less heat, luckily it's warm so I may barely rollerset/flat iron at all this summer. I'm giving my hair a much needed break. It's been through relaxing, lightening and now darkening lol.

DH loves dark hair on me. Fortunately, I love it too and have had a love affair with it since my mom first let me color my hair as a teenager.

Honestly, I don't know why I change, maybe I am bipolar with my hair too lol. I shouldn't waste my time because I ALWAYS go back to black.

After all the damage that I inflicted on my hair last year I will never lighten my hair again unless it's with random clip-in highlights. I know permanent black dye means I am forced to leave my hair alone for the next few years or go through another color correction and I will NEVER do that to my hair again.

Seriously, no hair color looks as blingy and shiny as healthy, black hair. :yep:

Last edited:
DH loves dark hair on me. Fortunately, I love it too and have had a love affair with it since my mom first let me color my hair as a teenager.

Honestly, I don't know why I change, maybe I am bipolar with my hair too lol. I shouldn't waste my time because I ALWAYS go back to black.

After all the damage that I inflicted on my hair last year I will never lighten my hair again unless it's with random clip-in highlights. I know permanent black dye means I am forced to leave my hair alone for the next few years or go through another color correction and I will NEVER do that to my hair again.

Seriously, no hair color looks as blingy and shiny as healthy, black hair. :yep:

My husband also likes dark hair although he said he missed the red lol.
I think most of us are bipolar about our hair, it's just a woman thing :lol:.

I'm with you. I learned a lesson this year. I will not be coloring lighter again...well maybe when I'm much older. I look better ( to me anyway) with black hair and I'm really loving my hair even darker than my natural off black. My hair is witchy black now and I love it. Lightening my hair just seems to make it go reddish and I dislike that color so what's the point?
And now that I'm jet black I'm stuck with black for a longggg time :lol:. It may fade out a bit and I will likely re-dye.

Dove56 what does a color correction consist of?

My husband also likes dark hair although he said he missed the red lol.
I think most of us are bipolar about our hair, it's just a woman thing :lol:.

I'm with you. I learned a lesson this year. I will not be coloring lighter again...well maybe when I'm much older. I look better ( to me anyway) with black hair and I'm really loving my hair even darker than my natural off black. My hair is witchy black now and I love it. Lightening my hair just seems to make it go reddish and I dislike that color so what's the point?
And now that I'm jet black I'm stuck with black for a longggg time :lol:. It may fade out a bit and I will likely re-dye.

Dove56 what does a color correction consist of?

Arlana

A color correction consists of a stylist stripping the color from your hair. I had black dye removed from my hair in Jan 2012 and it was a 5 hour process.

It made my hair very porous and it set my hair up for damage later in the year. It's expensive and hell on your hair, never again. :nono::nono:

@Arlana

A color correction consists of a stylist stripping the color from your hair. I had black dye removed from my hair in Jan 2012 and it was a 5 hour process.

It made my hair very porous and it set my hair up for damage later in the year. It's expensive and hell on your hair, never again. :nono::nono:

Oh no that sounds as harsh or harsher than a perm!!!

I'd like to say I'm never lightening my hair again but i know in probably 5 years I'll go nuts and awnt to go blonde :lol:
or just shave my head clean

Oh no that sounds as harsh or harsher than a perm!!!

I'd like to say I'm never lightening my hair again but i know in probably 5 years I'll go nuts and awnt to go blonde :lol:
or just shave my head clean

After dealing with breakage and losing about 7 inches of hair I can safely say never again. Before last year I hadn't had a setback since I was a teen! That setback resulted in a big chop.

I am now about 3 inches from being able to wear my hair down again and I am so happy lol. I've been wearing a bun since Sept/Oct everyday (daily co-washing) and it sucks!!

Dove56 said:
After dealing with breakage and losing about 7 inches of hair I can safely say never again. Before last year I hadn't had a setback since I was a teen! That setback resulted in a big chop.

I am now about 3 inches from being able to wear my hair down again and I am so happy lol. I've been wearing a bun since Sept/Oct everyday (daily co-washing) and it sucks!!

wait! if its long enough to bun then it has to be long enough to wear down.

and sheesh now u have me scared... im relaxed and double colored. i wonder how much breakage ill see over the next few months.

.... said the Phablet

I've finally figured out how to do mine without melting my hair...I get tired of the dark color every spring. Since I love baq henna, I'm going to keep that on my hair, touching up roots...starting to get greys. But for black, I won't be using indigo....permanent and it's hard to cover. My choice will be the Dominican cellophane semipermanent color washes. They wash away and then I'm back to henna red.

Back