I WANT TO DO THIS Ashanti (video pic)

Xena

Hi Guys.
i need your help. I love this bun to the side that Ashanti does in this video.
Does anyone have any ideas how I can do this?
thx
Xena

Attachments

• ashant2.JPG
    ashant2.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 111
hmmm...I would like to do this bun too! :D She probably used some extra hair to achieve to this style...

So I would say put your hair in a ponytail right behind your ear, pin in human hair around the ponytail, blend your real hair with the human hair, spread the hair out, take sections of the hair one by one and tuck them under.

Check out Lorraine's or DSD's albums. I would say it's similar to how they do their bun accept Ashanti used more hair. ;)

Last edited:
I did this once... i used a pair of old socks with the toes cut out and rolled up into a donut. i then added some hair around it to completely cover the donut sock. then i gathered my hair in a ponytail, rubberbanded it, then put the donutsock over the rubberband. then, thru the hole, i spread my hair out around the donutsock and pinned it underneath. that was THEE best bun i ever did! and it was big, just like her's is.

I did this as a child one time. My mom actually brought a hair "doughnut". You pull your ponytail through the center and then strategically spread the hair so that none of the doughnut shows. Then you tuck the ends underneath. I think I wanted Princess Leya buns on the sides and these worked well! (Dont laugh!!!)

I just bought a huge extra cute bun like that from the BSS earlier this week....Don't know if you are into phonytails, but it makes making a big bun a whole helluva lot easier, lol.

I would say that was Lorraine's bun as well.

The other bun you guys describe is the Donut bun in my AVATAR!

I use an old sock and then take a black knee-hi to cover. However, I'm going to grab an old scrap of satin from Walmart to cover it because it snags my hair.

I have been having this fantasy variation of this bun I want to do when my hair is longer.

~op~

Xena, I saw that video and immediately noticed that bun. I love it. The first thing I thought was, "darn I need more hair!" :grin: My bun is similar but I don't have nearly as much hair but the method is just the same.

I have instructions in my album. Link in siggy. Let us know how it turns out. :)

atlantatiffany said:
i love lorranine's bun. i normally hate wearing my hair in a ponytail, but once i saw her album i plan on trying it is the 05.
Awww...thank you AtlantaTiffany. :kiss: Girl rock that bun in the '05!

Back