I want streaks, ....I NEED YOUR ADVICE HELP!!

PrettyinPink001

Hello to all, I am a 4a or 4b kind of girl. (i'm not sure, which hair type is coarser)...I have dark brown almost black hair, which is relaxed. I want to get streaks, what do you think?? what are some products I should use? I know hot oil treatments are a must, but what else?

Last edited:
As in color? Are you trying to go darker or lighter. Are you concerned on how to get it done or what to do with your hair after? In any case just up your deep conditioning and try not to use direct heat as much and you should be good.

Co signing with deep conditioning. Alot of ladies do protein treatments, too. Always make sure there's a balance between the two.

Also try to use products for color treated hair or sulfate free (won't strip/dull the color). HTH. Best of wishes.

As in color? Are you trying to go darker or lighter. Are you concerned on how to get it done or what to do with your hair after? In any case just up your deep conditioning and try not to use direct heat as much and you should be good.

Well i needed advice on how to manage relaxed colored hair?

Also try to use products for color treated hair or sulfate free (won't strip/dull the color). HTH. Best of wishes.

Co signing with deep conditioning. Alot of ladies do protein treatments, too. Always make sure there's a balance between the two.
That's exactly what I do. I had some highlights put in my hair about 3 months ago. I also make sure I use my Roux porosity control after DC. I'm not one for dramatic styles but I luuvs me some color:yep:. In my pre-LHCF days, this always bit me in the tush during the winter b/c my poor hair would be parched by spring due to serious moisture deprivation.:spinning: Before this last time I was very uneasy with the thought of adding any color to my hair. I didn't want to sabotage my HHJ. My hair is doing just fine b/c I have implemented the bolded into my reggie.

ETA: I am transitioning still but I think the above routine would be very similar even though you are relaxed.

Back