I want frizz less curls!!!!

luxe.li.

I want LESS FRIZZY CURLS!!

So I was co-washing my hair. I used Lexxus Nexxus Emergencee and I can't describe the texture of Emergencee. Its thick and kind of slippery, but I love the way my curls look when I have it on my hair. They spiral out like normal, but I don't have stray strands and frizz. They look very defined and I was wondering if there is a product out there that gives me that result without the grease. I'm pretty sure a creme can't do this, I'm thinking maybe a gel or an oil??

Please excuse my ignorance I haven't been natural long so I'm not quite yet an encyclopedia for hair products LMFAO.

But I have some extra Christmas cash that I wouldn't mind spending on a WORTHY curl product.

Last edited:
Invest in a denman.. I would love this too, I love my little curls, but they always frizz... putting conditioner and leaving it in helps.. fantasia ic would help too. I've found though, as my hair gets longer the curls hold better.. so it may come with the length. :yep:

I have a Denman, and I have alot of products, they pull out the curl but I still get frizz spots.

and I'm sorry I meant, I was LESS FRIZZY CURLS LMFAOOO

I ran across a curl activator gel I like a lot for this. It's Long Aide Curl Activator Gel for Extra Dry Hair. I orginally picked it up because I liked the ingredients as a moisturizer with light protein and no cones. But it's got this great gel like consistency, kinda like 100 percent aloe vera gel. It provides hold and controls frizz. Once dry, however, I can comb it out easily without stiffness or flakes.

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Oleth-20, Triethanolamine, Carbomer 940, Aloe Vera Gel, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Fragrance Parfum, Propylene Glycol, Ext. D&C Violet No. 2

Funny! Looks like I'm not the only one who's in love with it. While looking for a pic of it I ran across this review from another natural young lady:

"This is the BEST curl activator gel I've tried to date! You don't need a leave in, just spread some through clean, wet hair and watch your hair clump before your eyes! It totally eliminates frizz, dries soft and shiny, and you get multiple day hair. It also makes the hair feel so good! Results are eerily similar to KCCC and for $1 anywhere hair products are sold!!!!

5 stars"

I agree whole heartedly with her sentiments. I think I may have paid 2 bucks for it, but it was totally worth it. I've attached a pic.

Attachments

• longaide gel.jpg
    longaide gel.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 21
Thanks Imma look into that. I love wearing my hair straight, but I wanna see if I can actually walk out the house with my teeny weeny curly fro without being self conscious so I"m looking for some good products. I'm going to go and try to find this tomorrow!

Texture My Way Curl Keeper, does exactly what you're looking for. It doesn't create curls, but if you apply it to wet hair it locks the curls in place (without the stiff feeling of gel). It's a thick, creamy moisturizer and it keeps my curls looking fresh and nice (that freshly shampooed look) all day. It definitely reduces the frizziness of my curls and I like it better even than my beloved Cantu Shea Butter leave in (which also helps my curls but can leave build up). I think I found a new staple product. I should stock up on it.

africa_best_organics_texture_my_way_curl_reviews_103870_raw.jpg

Last edited:
Miss Jessie's is popular (Buy one get one free sale is right now until the 31st I believe)
So is the Kinky Curly product line.
As well as BBD Stretch glass
Fanasia IC Gel

When the search feature starts working again- check them out :yep:!

Semo where do you purchase this?
I got it from an Asian Beauty Supply Store. I got it when I went home to Kansas City for Thanksgiving. I don't think they sell it in Illinois where I am, so I think I will stock up on it since I'm back home for the holidays. But I think it can be purchased online as well. In fact that's where I first saw it. So when I saw it at the BSS I decided to pick it up. I love this stuff (except it has a light grape scent--I don't like fruity scents, but this one is not strong, and for everything else it does I'll get over it, lol).

ETA:
I just found it on Walgreens website. http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=304653&id=prod2663065 So maybe your local one has it (I hope mine does).

Last edited:
I have Miss Jessie's line. The sample pack, and it's not really doing what I want it to do for my hair. I have Kinky Curly Curling Custard but my hair isn't long enough for all that. I actually do like Curlz Souffle and Whipped Cream, but it does nothing for my frizzies. Thanks for the other products you guys, I'mma check into them!

I use Ecostyler gel. You can get it for like $2-$3 and it even gives me second hair day. Best damn gel period! I use it sparingly and slicks down the front of my hair like nothing else. Its the black gel so the downside is stains on the towel if I'm not careful. Oh and it has protein. My hair loves protein so its alright.

Hey there, wanted to try to give you a pic of my frizz free curls. I moisturize the ends of my hair with the long aide activator and seal with vaseline every other night.

Sorry the pic is so fuzzy. Had to take it with my cell. They're dry in this pic and are well defined.

Attachments

• curls.jpg
    curls.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 29
I have tried loads of different curl definition stuff. The best so far is Sally's Beyond the zone noodle head cream and spray. I wet my hair with the spray and then smooth sections with the cream. I am 4ab and it gave me curls I did not know I had! I wore it Christmas day and everyone was amazed with my hair and some thought I had put chemical in my hair. Second to that is IC gel I really like this also but noodlehead is my fave. Next on my list to try is Miss Jessies (awaiting my order) KCCC. The trick also is to ensure your hair is well conditionee with a good deep moisturising conditioner

It's less about products and more about application when it comes to frizz less curls. I personally don't like frizzless curls on myself. I like a lil frizz because it makes my finer, thinner hair type look more full. Anyway, here's a link to my frizz less curls http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/naimaonfire18/n852820455_2651186_9720.jpg
This was taken in 07' of my wash and go. I use the devacurl products and tecnique in both of these photos. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/naimaonfire18/l_3bc57e19fdc4dcbc841f98570f06e3a0.jpg
In the second photo(08') I let my hair dry like number 1 and finger pick it for a lil more frizzy look. Devacurl products were my staples for this style, but I'm sure there's something cheaper out there. Co-washing and not using shampoo would be my first step, and then finding a light natural conditioner to leave in and a light styling gel that doesn't contain pvp. Also the more you comb and brush you hair the more frizz you'll have. Don't use your denman or a comb in the shower. Scrunch product into your hair, don't fingerpick in the shower unless you need to remove a big tangle. Here's a youtube video that better describes what to do. This application is by far the best for a frizz free look on curly kinks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtnLEHCQ8iA it's super pushing a product, but I'm sure you can scrunch some other product in. Also one of the most important things I learned from the devachan people is that you shouldn't dry with a towel. You should scrunch your curls with paper towels or a t-shirts. I hope this was any kind of help to you. Good Luck!

Last edited:
It's less about products and more about application when it comes to frizz less curls. I personally don't like frizzless curls on myself. I like a lil frizz because it makes my finer, thinner hair type look more full. Anyway, here's a link to my frizz less curls http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/naimaonfire18/n852820455_2651186_9720.jpg
This was taken in 07' of my wash and go. I use the devacurl products and tecnique in both of these photos. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/naimaonfire18/l_3bc57e19fdc4dcbc841f98570f06e3a0.jpg
In the second photo(08') I let my hair dry like number 1 and finger pick it for a lil more frizzy look. Devacurl products were my staples for this style, but I'm sure there's something cheaper out there. Co-washing and not using shampoo would be my first step, and then finding a light natural conditioner to leave in and a light styling gel that doesn't contain pvp. Also the more you comb and brush you hair the more frizz you'll have. Don't use your denman or a comb in the shower. Scrunch product into your hair, don't fingerpick in the shower unless you need to remove a big tangle. Here's a youtube video that better describes what to do. This application is by far the best for a frizz free look on curly kinks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtnLEHCQ8iA

Wow you have some serious gorgeous curls!!! I just purchased DevaCurl One conditioner and will def purchase again in the future. I haven't tried set it free yet. What other DevaCurl product did you put in your hair?

Any gel should give you frizz less curls. Its usually HOW the products are applied that determine how much frizz you actually have. Use your favorite gel and leave-in, but apply in smaller sections. Some people used a denman and some use a small comb to shingle. Some rake and some smooth. Some people twist and some shake. You'll have to experiment for yourself. Good luck!

Wow you have some serious gorgeous curls!!! I just purchased DevaCurl One conditioner and will def purchase again in the future. I haven't tried set it free yet. What other DevaCurl product did you put in your hair?

Thank you :D
If you co wash i don't think the no poo is neccessary. I use the one conditioner mixed with a bit of b-leave in and angell as my scrunch aid. I just scrunch the products in the shower when I'm done like they're doing in the video and don't touch my hair until it dries. After i scrunch the products in I scrunch my hair drier with a t-shirt. So I apply the products to soaking wet hair. I love the products but they're heavy on the pocket, and with my new protective style challenge I probably won't wear my hair curly for a good while.

I ran across a curl activator gel I like a lot for this. It's Long Aide Curl Activator Gel for Extra Dry Hair. I orginally picked it up because I liked the ingredients as a moisturizer with light protein and no cones. But it's got this great gel like consistency, kinda like 100 percent aloe vera gel. It provides hold and controls frizz. Once dry, however, I can comb it out easily without stiffness or flakes.

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Oleth-20, Triethanolamine, Carbomer 940, Aloe Vera Gel, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Fragrance Parfum, Propylene Glycol, Ext. D&C Violet No. 2

Funny! Looks like I'm not the only one who's in love with it. While looking for a pic of it I ran across this review from another natural young lady:

"This is the BEST curl activator gel I've tried to date! You don't need a leave in, just spread some through clean, wet hair and watch your hair clump before your eyes! It totally eliminates frizz, dries soft and shiny, and you get multiple day hair. It also makes the hair feel so good! Results are eerily similar to KCCC and for $1 anywhere hair products are sold!!!!

5 stars"

I agree whole heartedly with her sentiments. I think I may have paid 2 bucks for it, but it was totally worth it. I've attached a pic.

The ladies rave about this on naturally curly. I want to pick this up.

I have tried loads of different curl definition stuff. The best so far is Sally's Beyond the zone noodle head cream and spray. I wet my hair with the spray and then smooth sections with the cream. I am 4ab and it gave me curls I did not know I had! I wore it Christmas day and everyone was amazed with my hair and some thought I had put chemical in my hair. Second to that is IC gel I really like this also but noodlehead is my fave. Next on my list to try is Miss Jessies (awaiting my order) KCCC. The trick also is to ensure your hair is well conditionee with a good deep moisturising conditioner

I said the same thing!

In the second photo(08') I let my hair dry like number 1 and finger pick it for a lil more frizzy look. Devacurl products were my staples for this style, but I'm sure there's something cheaper out there. Co-washing and not using shampoo would be my first step, and then finding a light natural conditioner to leave in and a light styling gel that doesn't contain pvp. Also the more you comb and brush you hair the more frizz you'll have. Don't use your denman or a comb in the shower. Scrunch product into your hair, don't fingerpick in the shower unless you need to remove a big tangle. Here's a youtube video that better describes what to do. This application is by far the best for a frizz free look on curly kinks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtnLEHCQ8iA it's super pushing a product, but I'm sure you can scrunch some other product in. Also one of the most important things I learned from the devachan people is that you shouldn't dry with a towel. You should scrunch your curls with paper towels or a t-shirts. I hope this was any kind of help to you. Good Luck!
Your curls are really pretty and well defined.

THANKS ladies, I have to go out for work tonight and I don't know if I'll make it to the store to get these products in time, but Imma see what I can do with what I have. But tomorrow I will be going out to find these products.

I just did another post about help with my first wash and go!!

BUT I LOVE THIS THREAD, Im glad I didn't keep my questions to mysefl!

Okay for my first wash and go today until I get get to the store, I used

Samy Get Curlz.

Have any of ya'll used the Samy product line?

It did the job, but I have to find a better product that does the same. No frizz, defined curls, BUT my curls are hard (they don't look hard, but they feel crunchy) and I do not like that at all!

Back